MegaImg

Mac se/30 SCSI2SD version

On 7/25/2020 at 12:44 AM, karrots said:

I had similar issues on a Classic II the system 7.5.3 install would hang building the system file. I ended up doing all updates with Basilisk II then writing the image to the SCSI2SD. After that all is well. 

Base image with system 7.5 or 6.0.8 minimal system here https://www.savagetaylor.com/downloads/

I just build it using Basilisk to...any way using dd so create additional disk and send it to specific sector on the SD Card...Specially if you have like 8Gb SD, Disk1 (boot), Disk2 (Maybe another version)

I don't think dd can start at a specific location. But you could always merge two images together with cat. Then write the whole image to the SD card and set the disk start locations properly in the SCSI2SD utility.

I did something similar where I wrote out my image to the first part of the disk. Then just told the SCSI2SD there was the second disk starting where the other disk left off. I then formatted it on the Mac and use it as my scratch space. So in the end I have 2x 2GB physical disks that show up. Then inside the computer you could always run the installers again on the second disk rather than have to mess with merging images.

Got it Installed and working, thanks everyone, I created my own disk image using Basilisk II. My SE/30 have a clean 32bit ROM and 128mb of RAM, so I needed to be sure that the image was patch special using 7.5.5. I will try 8.1 soon, now that is just swamping the SD. I 3D printed a mount to be able to access the SD card and upgrade firmware...came out really good...still a work in process...added the headers for the LED light! 

I like to know if their is a way using DD, to create additional disk and send it to specific location on the SD card. SCSI2SD tool let you provision additional partitions and give you the info on the SD location...does anyone has try this...That way I can have on SD card multiple OS and switch between the booting partition, I can maybe do this directly from the Mac...

SCSI2SD_Mount.jpg

Edited by MegaImg

8 hours ago, MegaImg said:

I like to know if their is a way using DD

Use the oseek/seek option (some older-style dds will only support calling it seek; newer ones will accept either seek or oseek).  Note, though, that this is in units of block size, so you may need to move your discs around and/or adjust your block size in the dd command.

Edited by cheesestraws

8 hours ago, cheesestraws said:

Use the oseek/seek option (some older-style dds will only support calling it seek; newer ones will accept either seek or oseek).  Note, though, that this is in units of block size, so you may need to move your discs around and/or adjust your block size in the dd command.

Thanks...I will try it! any web page or place to get more info!