Newton Power Supplies

Hello All; i have a chance to get a free Newton from a friend (finally, have wanted one forever!) 

He says "have the model 100, 120, even a 2000.   You'll need to get a power supply for it."

Is any of these models easier to find a power supply for, either OEM or realistically third party/generic?

Thanks; and much appreciated if anyone has a source or links to the right supply that will fit any of these models. 

Was going for the 2000 because it probably has the most software/features/capabilities.  Thank you!

• 5 months later...
On 7/24/2020 at 12:16 PM, cheesestraws said:

7v, 0.5A DC, centre-positive connector.

I'm in the UK so no idea where a good place to get one over there is, but I'd have thought any reasonable analogue-ly adjustable one should be able to deal with putting 7V out.

61730747985__78DECA10-959D-4F8E-8E48-5F43D4B72A82.thumb.JPG.b771f1f8393c535b76aa18bef74fe3ac.JPG

Hi I have exactly the same adapter and it works fine on both a MP120 and 130.

I wonder if it could work as well on a MP2000?

• 1 month later...
  • 68kMLA Supporter

I don't know what MessagePad mine, posted upthread, initially came with.  It isn't at all unlikely there were multiple Newton power adapters for different machines with different sized batteries.  Mine is only 3.5W (7V 0.5A) but I wouldn't be surprised if larger-batteried messagepads came with the bigger one you just posted an image of.  Mine will, however, power an MP2100, though I don't remember how long it took to charge the battery back when the battery wasn't a paperweight.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been a Newt fancier since half-decent Newts (MP130 on) were born into the world, and have owned several. The emate and MP2000/2100 came with the 9w adapter. In the collection, I also had a MP120 at one time. It had a small adapter about the size of an ipad charger. The Glay78 photo is the one you want for rapid (1.x hours, usually) recharging of the 2000, etc.

It interests me to hear about the later models running on the earlier adapters, though. I have found that, sitting on the patio, my eMate will run on a solar charger about the size of an old floppy disk -- and slooowly recharge the battery at the same time -- and there's no way it puts out as much power as a wall charger. It seems to run on it (but not recharge) even on a cloudy day. They sip electricity.

• 68kMLA Supporter
19 hours ago, beachycove said:

It interests me to hear about the later models running on the earlier adapters, though. I have found that, sitting on the patio, my eMate will run on a solar charger about the size of an old floppy disk -- and slooowly recharge the battery at the same time -- and there's no way it puts out as much power as a wall charger. It seems to run on it (but not recharge) even on a cloudy day. They sip electricity.

Impressive, isn't it.  That PSU I posted above just sits there powering my eMate most of the time, which is my emergency console for when I break my network and need to reconfigure my switch in a hurry...