New-In-Box Apple //c goes for $2,553 on eBay...!

Imagine spending a few thousand on a NIB Amiga 3000 just to open it up and find the battery leaked all over the motherboard and ruined it. I would rather spend alot less on a mint looking tested and functional machine, then I would not feel bad tossing the box since I have no room to store them anyway.

I spent $400 on a NIB Amiga 2000 back in 2000. It was lovely to open it.

http://pix.blakespot.com/view/computers/amiga2000

blakespot

Imagine spending a few thousand on a NIB Amiga 3000 just to open it up and find the battery leaked all over the motherboard and ruined it. I would rather spend alot less on a mint looking tested and functional machine, then I would not feel bad tossing the box since I have no room to store them anyway.

I spent $400 on a NIB Amiga 2000 back in 2000. It was lovely to open it.

http://pix.blakespot.com/view/computers/amiga2000

blakespot

I would be worried about the battery leaking after all that time and killing something. Was there any problem with that?

$400 seems more reasonable too.

I would open up a NIB Mac LC and NIB 12" Apple RGB if I ever found one. It would be just like March 1992 all over again.

I would die to find a NIB Performa 400 with the Performa Plus Display. I still have the boxes to every new Mac we ever bought, although some of the papers have managed to get thrown away. My 6500 is sitting in its box right now, waiting for the day my roommate moves out and I can take over the newly vacated bedroom and set up some of my old computers.

My mom was smart in keeping those boxes. Whenever we moved we always packed the computers in those boxes and they could ride in the van rather than taking up space in the car. The boxes are so rare now.