Will Cheyney

Macintosh Classic I Analog Board replacement capacitor list

Hi folks.

Can anyone point me in the direction of an exhaustive list of the the capacitors found on a Macintosh Classic I analog board?

I’m surprised I haven’t been able to find a resource anywhere online that lists all capacitors found within the compact Mac’s... unless there is and I just haven’t found it!

Many thanks.

1 hour ago, Will Cheyney said:

I’m surprised I haven’t been able to find a resource anywhere online that lists all capacitors found within the compact Mac’s... unless there is and I just haven’t found it!

This website may also be helpful: www.recapamac.com.au

While it does not have entries for every possible vintage Mac, I have found the capacitor lists here to be incredibly useful when there is a page coinciding with a machine I am working on.

Good luck with your Analog Board!

I learned the hard way with @ArmorAlley when we tried to recap LC PSUs that you can't 100% trust PSU cap lists (Turns out there can be major variations within the same brand/model). For the Classic alone, there are two board revisions which may have different caps. If you take into account the differences between the 120/240V versions, that makes 4 possible capacitor lists... (they may be identical, I don't remember TBH).

For those reasons, I just prefer to open up the unit myself and make a list per actual machine. That way I can also get their sizes and buy the highest rated one (hour wise) or the one with the lowest ESR value within the original's size specification. Also, one last recommendation, Nichicons are probably the best caps out there. 

Just my 2 cents though...

Eagle, your point is well taken, especially with PSUs. I always check what I have taken out with what I ordered. You never know. I’ve found different things as well.