PaulM

What is a fair price for this SE/30 (with Ethernet card)?

I am going to the Vintage Computer Festival West  (http://vcfed.org/wp/festivals/vintage-computer-festival-west/) and want to sell my SE/30 at the consignment table.

It has a lot going for it -- 8 Meg RAM, 80 GB internal HD, and a working Asante Ethernet card. Everything works (fan, sound, 1.4 Meg floppy, external SCSI port, AppleTalk port all known to work).  I have not seen the inside of it but suspect it needs re-capping.

What would be a fair price?  I want to be fair but also get market price. Thanks.

Maybe $250 for a working SE/30 in great shape with keyboard and mouse? Another $125 for the Asante card - they very consistently sell for that price on eBay. 

SE/30 prices go up and down because of its popularity. I would sell the ethernet card separately from the machine if you want to maximize cash. Sending out the motherboard for recapping will raise the units price but probably not enough to offset your costs in doing so.

Thanks all. I am not  looking to make a buck,  just want to make sure my asking price is in the right neighborhood.  I am thinking $300 works, given the 8M RAM, and that the Ethernet card is known to work along with all the stock parts.If there's no takers on Day 1 I can lower the price on Day 2, so we'll see!

8MB really isn’t anything too special for an SE/30. Most seem to prefer at least 16MB.

The ehternet card on the other hand is a very good selling point.

1 hour ago, PB145B said:

8MB really isn’t anything too special for an SE/30. Most seem to prefer at least 16MB.

The ehternet card on the other hand is a very good selling point.

I can vouch for that, ie4.01 took up over 4 mb just to run, add 7.5.5 system at 2.5mb it just crashed online on my se/30 until i got more ram. 

Ps i put in 128mb which is overkill for some but my fetish is desk top publishing on my old mac so 128mb makes the difference on 24bit scans on photoshop 4

Edited by SE30_Neal

Both of mine have 8x4MB SIMMs for 32MB which is more then enough for what I do with them. I had 128MB in one and removed it since it was a waste (and I have a bunch of Q950's they would have been more useful in).