After a diskette completely jammed in the floppy drive, I was forced to pry it out with pliers. Unfortunately, such a procedure is far from delicate, and the top drive head was damaged and put out of place. (Actually, I managed to damage the head before even attempting the pliers; they were simply a last resort..) Attached are photos of its current state.

Shoulda-woulda-coulda, the deed is done; is it repairable, or is it time for a replacement?

I should say, the drive was never ejecting properly in the first place, even after cleaning and relubricating, as well as replacing the drive motor gear. I would get the disk inserting and ejecting seemingly fine when out of the machine, but the moment I fastened it in its bracket and installed in the Mac, the drive would never eject on its own without helping it with tweezers or similar. Then it just jammed up. :\

Thank you!

20190413_190743.jpg

20190413_190829.jpg

20190413_191031.jpg

20190413_191133.jpg

20190413_191157.jpg

Edited by Iesca

Cant repair, just put a new head assembly on. It is really easy. One screw, one ribbon, done.

Are these something that can be procured on their own, or do they need to be sourced from another floppy drive?