Retro Rider

How to make GS/OS boot disks?

On June 9, 2018 at 1:35 AM, Skate323k137 said:

In the menu for Bernie, create a new 800k disk using your preferred format, I used Disk Copy 4.2. It will show up on the desktop.

For whatever it may be worth to those who find this thread later, the Sweet16 Apple IIGS emulator also has this capability.  So for those with later Macs that run Mac OS X 10.6.8 (or later, but don't know if that includes more recent Mac OS X versions since Sweet16 hasn't been updated since 2014), this may be an option.  There are also versions for Mac OS X 10.4 and 10.5.

I hope to try this out firsthand later today; otherwise, I'll do it over the weekend.  I'll report back my results.

4 hours ago, dcr said:

I hope to try this out firsthand later today; otherwise, I'll do it over the weekend.  I'll report back my results.

It worked but with an extra step.  DiskCopy 4.2 would not recognize the DiskCopy 4.2 disk image created by Sweet16.  I had to change the file and creator types with ResEdit in order for DiskCopy 4.2 to recognize the disk image.  I don't know if the problem is with my setup or the way Sweet16 created the file.  Anyway, after that DiskCopy 4.2 was able to load the image and copy it to a floppy disk.

I have not yet been able to test the floppy disk.