Sign in to follow this  
bluekatt

flashed video card

i managed to flash one of my video cards an nvidia geforce 3 ti 200 for the quicksilver

it works just fine

but when the Qs boots and displays the grey apple screen said screen is al garbelded

is there a reason for this and something i can do about it ?

the QS is now humming to it self and updating tiger

I'd try a new ROM and/or double check pins 3&11 are covered up properly - sounds like one or the other.

JB

They stick it in a PC(or a Mac if they have a compatible card and ROM) then use an application(generally from within DOS while booted off a floppy/USB) to write the ROM file to the card.

The ROMs are generally modified in some way to be compatible with the card you are using as well.

You don't actually have to do it from another machine. When I flashed a card years ago I just turned on remote desktop before I installed it, shared the screen and flashed it directly on the Mac.

You don't actually have to do it from another machine. When I flashed a card years ago I just turned on remote desktop before I installed it, shared the screen and flashed it directly on the Mac.
(or a Mac if they have a compatible card and ROM

The problem with that is not all cards can be flashed with the utilities available for Mac OS. I included that, but made a note that it can not always be done. imo it is less hassle to do it on a PC anyway.

I'd try a new ROM and/or double check pins 3&11 are covered up properly - sounds like one or the other.

JB

i did not modify the geforce

was not needed the card is an AGP 4X physical modification isnt needed thats the reason i flashed the geforce 3 ti 200 over the geforce fx 5200 which does need modification

other then a some what garbeld boot up screen the card performs just fine in mac os X it self

it even pushes leoaprd around with enough clout