Cory5412

Wiki/Pages article ideas

To be honest, the homepage of Let's Encrypt has "LINUX FOUNDATION" written on the top of it, it's not a huge surprise that they are anti freebsd.

At some point, if the current admins are unable to maintain the site, than perhaps a pass down to a new administration team that is capable would be good to do, continuing on the next generation of the 68kmla. Obviously that is not on anybody's radar right now, as such a thing is highly unlikely to happen in the next few years.

For what it's worth, there are now several guides on using Let's Encrypt with FreeBSD. It's not the nuisance it used to be.

https://oddball.tech/ is running on lighttpd + freebsd/ppc and uses Let's Encrypt for SSL certificates. It also plays nicely with Classilla, so that's good. 

(Don't mind the landing page, if you actually go look, I haven't got anything fancier ready for public consumption yet.) 

Edited by MidnightCommando

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet or not, but I think hosting tutorials on how to repair and/or upgrade your Macs on the wiki could be a good idea. I'd be willing to write up a few on the G3 Clamshell.

Unrelated update: We (the admins) can enable or disable HTML posting per groups. I was able to add, then edit, an HTML table in an article. The markup is a little weird, but perhaps that's just new HTML.

I'll have to run this by the rest of the mods/admins, but my thought here is that either we (the mods/admins) can clean up and amend tables in articles, or we can create a user group of wiki authors/editors who have this permission. (Probably along with some other permissions, such as approving article submissions, etc.)

It's not a permission level that the software appears comfortable with allowing to everybody.