Sign in to follow this  
khannonnd

Kendall's Collection and Finds!

You are basically correct on the Titan cards. I don't know if they require specific software, but think they do.

Very nice pickup. If you want to sell them, let me know :-0

You are basically correct on the Titan cards. I don't know if they require specific software, but think they do.

Very nice pickup. If you want to sell them, let me know :-0

Yeah, it seems they do, but luckily I found a place that has the manuals and .dsk images loaded: http://mirrors.apple2.org.za/Apple%20II%20Documentation%20Project/Interface%20Cards/Apple%20III/Titan%20III%20Plus%20IIe/

I have sent off my Apple III Power Supply to Uni to be re-capped.  Once I get it backed I will plug everything in and see what this Apple III is all about!

Looking at the first image of the Titan card, I just realized that there appears to be a chip missing on the "III plus II" card -- third row from the right, second row down.  Looking at pictures of other comparable Titan cards, the missing chip appears to be a "74LS161ANA" chip (whatever that means).  What is weird is this card was pulled directly from another Apple III.  Idont know why someone would have put it in their machine missing a chip?

A friend of mine who found out I was a fan of older Apple products gave me a stack of Post-It -type notes in the form of the Mac!  He says he got this at an Apple event in the early 80s.  

post-5768-0-74256700-1482542517_thumb.jpg

My friend was also, apparently, a very active member of BMUG and was responsible for putting together their CDs.  He gave me copies of a 1995, 1996, and 1997 BMUG CD.  No idea what is on these -- will have to check them out!

post-5768-0-52395700-1482543753_thumb.jpg

Wish I had friends like you do.

My friends either criticize me for having vintage equipment or just don't care when I tell them about the wonders of Mac OS 9.2. (seriously :p )

My friends are basically very easy going. Earlier this year, for instance, a friend went and bought me a boxed copy of Windows 98 SE (neither Mac nor hardware, but it is vintage).

I usually don't get much in the way of whole machines though (the husband of that same friend has a *complete-in-box* 128k AND a *complete-in-box* Plus WITH an ImageWriter I, but he's a hoarder and won't let go of any of it :( . I keep nagging him on occasion, but he won't budge (I'll keep trying, though; I can be very tenacious about such things)).

Someday....

c

My wife's uncle found out I was a fan of vintage Apple equipment so he sent some boxes over.  A complete, working, Apple IIc machine, complete with all the manuals, a joystick, something apple branded called a "modulator," an ImageWriter, and some sealed 5.25 inch floppy disks!  He bought these things new back in the 80s and they have been living in his garage for a few decades.  I now have two fully functional IIc setups!

The IIc had the Jeopardy game inside.  I don't know about you, but I think Ethel is on something...

IMG_9992.JPG

IMG_7751.JPG

IMG_1087.JPG

15 minutes ago, khannonnd said:

. . . something apple branded called a "modulator," . . .

My guess is that would be an RF modulator to use a television set as a monitor.  You'd connect to the antenna input on the television set and set it to channel 3 or 4 (set on the modulator) and the TV is a computer monitor.

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 3:51 PM, khannonnd said:

My wife's uncle found out I was a fan of vintage Apple equipment so he sent some boxes over.  A complete, working, Apple IIc machine, complete with all the manuals, a joystick, something apple branded called a "modulator," an ImageWriter, and some sealed 5.25 inch floppy disks!  He bought these things new back in the 80s and they have been living in his garage for a few decades.  I now have two fully functional IIc setups!

Congrats on the new IIc!  Always nice to get things from original owners who had some pride in ownership.

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 3:51 PM, khannonnd said:

The IIc had the Jeopardy game inside.  I don't know about you, but I think Ethel is on something...

Ohhh, 80s hair styles!  The people in the NES version have some quality facial expressions when they get an answer right (usually, smugness) or wrong (mix between shock and being rather PO'd).  You have to wonder if the programmer was chuckling at seeing the finished product.