Cloaked Alien

128MB Magneto-Optical Rewritable

As mentioned earlier the only time it doesn't spit out the disk is when I've got my partition software open.

The program is/was HDT Primer Personal Edition, I'm currently using it to "low-level format" one of the MO-disks. We'll see how it works after that.

Haven't flipped any DIP switches or the likes yet and I've got no MO drivers installed in the system.

post-2402-0-93105400-1411800868_thumb.jpg

Success! \o/

However the disk shows up like a regular hard drive rather than having a custom icon, but perhaps that's not a bother to begin?

.. gonna try to install that MDF 2.3.8 driver kit again.

Eureka! After HDT has had it's way with it I can re-init it using the MO Disk Formatter. It now has a proper icon as well =)

post-2402-0-49795000-1411801856_thumb.jpg

Well, that might be. But I wouldn't rely on it since it seems like buying a new MO drive would have me paying out my *rse. Zip-drives are easier to come by =)

But yeah, of course I'll put it to use!

.. now I just have to figure out how to make my CD-drives work with this machine and then I'm only one Ethernet adapter away from making my old SE/30 take over as the new primary machine ;)

A "new to me" MO drive is only $30 from the link I posted earlier.  Incidentally, I just got my second one in.  Looks like a clean pull from a server environment.  I don't think they've ever been used.

Edited by olePigeon

I must be getting blind, I can't find that link. But at that price it's certainly worth getting a second one to connect internally in my retro pc =)

It's the machine I use to transfer files to my SE/30. I've got an internal ZIP in the PC and MacDrive Pro and I've got a SCSI ZIP on my Mac.

Hi CA,

I have some SCSI 128MB, 230MB and 640MB drives as well as MO disks for them. I'll sell you a drive and some MO-discs, if you like. I can boot from them but they are finicky, for example, the MO-discs often need to be mounted if they are not the boot disk. I'm in Switzerland, though, and the postage will also probably be hefty. I haven't yet found an extension that works better than no extension.

Kind regards

aa