It sounds like we were mostly on the same wavelength.... I decided on the brute-force approach for two reasons -- 1) the thought of solder-sucking and battling 240 pins put me right off!! 2) this was, thankfully, a 'spare' motherboard... Had it been my one and only, I probably still would have brute-force removed as much of the connectors as I could, but I might have been a little more gentle. The (self-inflicted) damage it not too bad, no missing pads, just a trace or three that got nicked. I'm confident the patient will make a full recovery! (again, )
Indeed!! I'd more or less given up on a Lisa. Got close a few times, but reading all the issues people were running into - not least your own crusade(!) - I'd decided it was never going to happen... and then, it did. I'm still on the journey, but I do have it working now. Just waiting on a set of foams to get the keyboard working.I'm glad you were able to get a Lisa in relatively decent shape and locate spare parts and do all that for a decent price. That's getting progressively harder these days
Oh no worries... I hope I didn't come across grumpy/upset about it! I'm SUPER excited you're recreating that 2Mb SIMM 'board. And yes, please, I'd LOVE to check one out when you're ready.I apologize for not recognizing your name from the other thread, lol!