I've been trying to learn Fusion 360 to recreate a lid and add buttresses under the hinge for the 1400c lid. Is there anyone good at Autodesk Fusion that might know how to fix some errors?

-I get an error saying the face is too complex whenever i try to fillet any edge

-not sure how to wrap the top line cutout to the sides over the curved face--cant use the corners as a guide since they are shaped in two planes

-the hinges are tricky geometry, it will take a lot of trial and error to the supports

-how can you press pull an image to cut into a surface--it seems it won't let me do that with any logos

PowerBook 1400c Lid Top v8.png

PowerBook 1400c Lid Top v81.png

here's what the buttresses look like when added. still need to add/fix a lot of the inner components and tabs. i wanted to add diagonal struts from the inner cylinder but i keep getting an error so still need to figure that out

111981740_PowerBook1400cLidTopv19-1.thumb.png.4253b10aded2a4299b4c194fa6c74a54.png1186675303_PowerBook1400cLidTopv19-2.thumb.png.4539ac119020cfb6d41f8b667b534bc3.png

currently the internal tabs are all too long because ive been eyeballing the calipers indirectly, i need to buy some better calipers that have jaw attachments so i can measure the internal components directly