Mac's-a-Million and SCSI upgrade for 512k

Just thought I'd share some pics of my new toy.  I just picked a somewhat beat-up 512k that came with a Sophisticated Circuits SCSI and Mac's-a-Million RAM upgrade.  The RAM upgrade works great, the machine currently shows 1mb of RAM.  I don't have any way to test the SCSI card at the moment.  It has an external SCSI port that replaces the battery door cover.  The machine also has Mac Plus ROMs and an 800k floppy.

Edit: just realized this belongs in the Conquests section, not sure if the mods can move it

More pics in the imgur gallery, I didn't want to flood the post with photos: https://imgur.com/a/8GCu8Fa

PXL_20210430_232829701_1.thumb.jpg.b9d4660bf5c309e6b1c638a0212574a3.jpg

Edited by JC8080

I love this technology!  I have a MacSnap SCSI that is a fairly similar solution, residing in a 512 of mine, along with similar mods to support an 800K floppy.  I love that it allows the Mac to look totally stock, but perform like a Plus, giving additional functionality with original appearance.

Congrats on your new acquisition!

11 hours ago, Juror22 said:

I love this technology!  I have a MacSnap SCSI that is a fairly similar solution, residing in a 512 of mine, along with similar mods to support an 800K floppy.  I love that it allows the Mac to look totally stock, but perform like a Plus, giving additional functionality with original appearance.

Congrats on your new acquisition!

Thank you!

I really like this type of stuff too, accelerators and add-on upgrades.  They give you a view into the past.  It's cool to see that someone was still using this 512k in at least '88 (the date on the SCSI card), and wanted to continue using it long enough into the future to put some money into upgrading it.  It also makes me wonder why someone spent the money on these upgrades, but didn't spend the extra to get the board populated with the full 1.5mb of RAM rather than just the 512k it has.  I think it's fun to have these artifacts from the past, even if they add little or nothing to the vintage computing experience, at least in the way that most collectors use their machines.