SE30 Maxed out with Two Color Displays

Hello everyone!

After much frustration and experimentation, I FINALLY got all of this to work:

Custom IIsi ROM

68Mb Ram (I do have 128, just not all here right now)

1 Gb HDD with 7.5.3

TwinSpark Riser

50 MHz PowerCache

Asante MacCon Ethernet 

Radius Pivot IIsi hack (finally built harness)

Micron XCEED Color

Right now, both color displays are at 640X480, but the Pivot supports higher resolutions.

Not sure how to coax the 17” Multiscan to do 832X624 as it’s DA15 straight through.

Working on building the grey scale harness next.  It would be cool to have internal GS AND external color displays at the same time!!

Love to hear feedback, thoughts.

7A81B6C0-03C9-4FAF-A9F1-2B59687DCD96.jpeg

0ADECF4E-5EBD-42F6-A8E8-FDD1B8A5DF01.jpeg

5C028C4D-22D5-440C-A141-DDFEDAFD9842.jpeg

B81B963B-A55C-4A6C-802A-E8AF14673932.jpeg

A386060C-E1D2-4876-88AF-A4B7F69C34EA.jpeg

Wow! That's impressive.  I've got a similar (albeit messy) setup, just without a Micron Xceed card (I'm using an Interware VDR-2a).  The nice thing is that I've been able to get my color display as a primary, giving me the ability to use vintage software that requires a monitor that displays at least 256 colors:

DSCN6864.thumb.JPG.2cc111794cfb7b7023a9beda3098412b.JPGI've

Hey that's cool!  Never knew that video card existed until now!  I noticed you have the WIFI extension, do you actually have the wireless working?  I have the Vonets 400 module, but I haven't been able to get it to work.  Can you help?

Craig

• 68kMLA Supporter
Posted (edited)

Too cool!

I wonder if you could get this up to four displays if you use a SCSI video card? I'm sure the RaSCSI folks would have some thoughts about this...

This also makes me wonder about what other varieties of upgrade cards exist. Accelerator, Ethernet, Grayscale/Video are covered. What remains? MIDI, maybe?

Edited by davidg5678

Yeah, there was also that Scuzzygraph video adapter that’s hard to find.  Digidesign had a Sound Accelerator card for audio input and output.

Ironically, this is just the factory power supply, although it and the analog board had recently been recapped.  Has not been adjusted, but I also haven’t measured the draw yet..

20 hours ago, olePigeon said:

@Trash80toHP_Mini would approve. :lol:

Indeed! :approve:

22 hours ago, nottomhanks said:

Right now, both color displays are at 640X480, but the Pivot supports higher resolutions.

Not sure how to coax the 17” Multiscan to do 832X624 as it’s DA15 straight through.

Monitor''s Control Panel doesn't work for both, seems to me it should, but I'm still half asleep. :scrambled:

@nottomhanks-I do have working wireless!  I'm using a vonets VM300 adapter that plugs into my Asante Ethernet clone/adapter (compliments of Bolle!).    You can use iCab for your browser, although I seem to have good luck with Netscape 4.04 as well.  I followed the instruction here for the setup: