Macintosh IIvx renovation...

Hello,

4th Mac has just arrived.

It is a Macintosh IIvx. Computer is looking good, but I found one terrible thing - a liking battery. No one changed It from ... 1992 y. I decided to clean battery socket and everything aroud It before I will try to turn on the computer. I have one question. Can I turn It on without a battery? 
tomorrow i will put some photos od the computer.

greetings

Daniel

D3AE6955-713E-4066-8B95-E79C4930F19E.jpeg

539F1DD6-53AB-4B50-945D-DB4CB10AD5EA.jpeg

9C84B57A-4C0B-40FA-ABC5-AC490F552BD9.jpeg

You might be lucky - the damage does not look too bad. Let's just hope no traces or connections on the chip next to the battery are damaged.

Just try to turn it on. There are some LC Models that wont power on without a battery, but trying would not hurt in any case. Others might be able to tell which exact models won't boot without battery, so please add to the thread :)

On 11/21/2020 at 8:37 AM, AndiS said:

You might be lucky - the damage does not look too bad. Let's just hope no traces or connections on the chip next to the battery are damaged.

Just try to turn it on. There are some LC Models that wont power on without a battery, but trying would not hurt in any case. Others might be able to tell which exact models won't boot without battery, so please add to the thread :)

Mac has no signs of life for now... :(