MacSD - new SCSI SD card emulation tool

8 hours ago, Daniël Oosterhuis said:

Sorry, but this isn't a good look for your store. Correcting someone is fine, but this aggressive style does not win you customers. 

Sorry, but incorrect information shared on forums is more toxic to our business than someone being _potentially_ butthurt that we've called them out on spreading misinformation.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, aperezbios said:

Sorry, but incorrect information shared on forums is more toxic to our business than someone being _potentially_ butthurt that we've called them out on spreading misinformation.

Sure thing. I'll just make sure you blacklist you, and get the SCSI2SD from ITEAD instead. Thanks for making that decision for me!

8 hours ago, Trash80toHP_Mini said:

Indeed. Very glad to have the outage period defined and that the situation has normalized. Indefinitely does not mean permanently and does not imply any length of time. One sentence would have sufficed for error correction.

All he would have had to do to get an answer on when we'd be back in stock is ask. It doesn't seem that ever happened, which is unfortunate. Choosing to spread inaccurate information online as a result of a conclusion reached in a vacuum is a problem that extends well beyond 68kMLA, and it's societally corrosive.

All he would have had to do to get an answer on when we'd be back in stock is ask. It doesn't seem that ever happened, which is unfortunate. Choosing to spread inaccurate information online as a result of a conclusion reached in a vacuum is a problem that extends well beyond 68kMLA, and it's societally corrosive.

It is not your customers' responsibility to ask probing questions about your stock control.  If you do not communicate explicitly and openly when things are available, people will not care to know.

Choosing to spread inaccurate information online as a result of a conclusion reached in a vacuum is a problem that extends well beyond 68kMLA, and it's societally corrosive. 

By your own statement, the poster's statement was completely accurate; it was out of stock and they had no idea when they would be back in stock again.  Saying that they had a responsibility to chase you up because you're unable to put the information they needed on your website doesn't seem entirely fair.

These posts show you and Inertial in neither an amiable nor an edifying light, and I think you need to walk away from the computer and de-stress.

8 hours ago, cheesestraws said:

It is not your customers' responsibility to ask probing questions about your stock control.  If you do not communicate explicitly and openly when things are available, people will not care to know.

By your own statement, the poster's statement was completely accurate; it was out of stock and they had no idea when they would be back in stock again.  Saying that they had a responsibility to chase you up because you're unable to put the information they needed on your website doesn't seem entirely fair.

These posts show you and Inertial in neither an amiable nor an edifying light, and I think you need to walk away from the computer and de-stress. 

It was listed as backordered on our web shop for the entire period of ~2.5-3 weeks,. I guess that wasn't good enough, so we will try to do better next time. When we don't know exactly when we'll have the next batch, we have a policy of not over-promising and under-delivering.  2020 has been a very painful year for anyone dealing with supply chains and lead times.

When we don't know exactly when we'll have the next batch

But, I mean, this is exactly what the word "indefinite" means.  So you have literally just said exactly the same thing that the poster said and you're still acting like it's some kind of slander?

But, I mean, this is exactly what the word "indefinite" means.  So you have literally just said exactly the same thing that the poster said and you're still acting like it's some kind of slander?

It's not at all slander. Just uninformed.

Just uninformed

really?  but also:

toxic

societally corrosive

Saying that someone is being toxic and societally corrosive for not having information that you didn't explicitly give them does not seem entirely fair.

8 hours ago, Trash80toHP_Mini said:

Let's all do that lest a mod needs step in shall we?

Noting bad behaviour and supporting people on the pointy end of it is important.

really?  but also:

Saying that someone is being toxic and societally corrosive for not having information that you didn't explicitly give them does not seem entirely fair.

Noting bad behaviour and supporting people on the pointy end of it is important.

With respect, you're accusing me of calling someone toxic and socially corrosive when I did _not_. I described the behavior as toxic, not the person. And I sincerely believe that wasn't the intent, but go ahead and willfully misinterpret what I said. It's fine with me.

With respect, you're accusing me of calling someone toxic and socially corrosive when I did _not_. I described the behavior as toxic, not the person. And I sincerely believe that wasn't the intent, but go ahead and willfully misinterpret what I said. It's fine with me.

Now you're saying that I'm wilfully misinterpreting you because the way you came across didn't match up with how you thought you should have come across?  What with me and the poster, there's a proper conspiracy against you on this forum of people who like your product, isn't there?  Good grief.

Now you're saying that I'm wilfully misinterpreting you because the way you came across didn't match up with how you thought you should have come across?  What with me and the poster, there's a proper conspiracy against you on this forum of people who like your product, isn't there?  Good grief.

Now you're just being silly. You can readily read above where I described " incorrect information shared on forums " being "more toxic to our business". In no way did I call you or anyone else toxic. Should I have said "inaccurate" instead of "incorrect"? Absolutely. But don't put words in people's mouths. That's just childish.

@aperezbios - Please disengage from this thread, unless discussion shifts and you've got something technical or stock related to answer.

Feedback and commentary was offered about something you managed, you addressed it, and now we don't need to continue this line of discussion.

@Trash80toHP_Mini Nah, people should know who they're dealing with. Not the first time I've seen this behavior from "Intertial".

Has anyone pulled the trigger on this new SCSI drive replacement? I was thinking of getting another SCSI2SD, but I want to try the MacSD to see how it compares. It seems like it could be a game changer, but currently there's unfortunately little info about it.

I figured I should chime in.  I actually know the guy who makes these great boards.  He even sent me an early prototype for testing purposes.  I, for one, am thrilled that an alternative to SCSI2SD exists that is more Mac friendly.  I've had tons of issues with them so finding one exclusively for the Mac is wonderful.  That said I did get the SCSI2SD to work in *some* of my systems but they hated the Mac SE & SE/30 for whatever reason.  So, if anyone is on the fence, you really should consider MacSD. 

20 hours ago, maceffects said:

I figured I should chime in.  I actually know the guy who makes these great boards.  He even sent me an early prototype for testing purposes.

Do you happen to know if there's any way I can get one or two sent to the UK?  The tindie store won't let me order with delivery to the UK... (sorry if you are in the dark about this too but you're more likely to know that I do)

Hi everyone.  I'm the creator of MacSD.  It's good to be here and I'm happy to answer your questions.

Cory5412 - I've been asked about >4GB disk images.  This is currently in development.  You'll be able to use primary partitions directly as disk images.  All of the FAT32 options will remain.

maceffects - I appreciate the support!

Byte Knight - The lines powering the eight LEDs on the edge of the board (including SCSI activity) run through the expansion header.  All external LEDs share a common cathode line, also on the expansion header.  Any color LED can be used, however current is only around 1mA so I recommend using a modern, high intensity type.  Brightness will be adjustable through the config file.  The firmware and documentation for this feature has not been released yet, but is coming soon.

cheesestraws - I've added shipping options on Tindie for Europe.

LOL! Welcome aboard, you beat me to the punch by about 30 seconds:

Time to reboot for this page post-hiatus it seems: http://macsd.com/

MacSD-000.thumb.JPG.d54c15103996b1d4b88ad25b3a3ce479.JPG

Screen cap that won't vanish with the eBay listing.

What really caught my eye: Expansion port - Reserved for future functionality - 24 pins, one wonders if any might be set up/mapped to a familiar GPIO interface?

@maceffects any chance you're in on and not NDA'd as to technical info about that interface or plans for its use? Right about now would be the perfect time to suggest that your friend to jump in here.

Edited by Trash80toHP_Mini