Have a few items coming up. Today I got 2x apple displays (not sure exact model. From work clearing out office). A very dirty Macintosh Classic, and a raspberrypi 3.

(more excited to crack open the classic vs everything else!)

Some more pickups coming this weekend too.

IMG_20200715_191903.jpg

LED Cinema Display:
  Display Type:	LCD
  Resolution:	2560 x 1440 (QHD/WQHD - Wide Quad High Definition)
  UI Looks like:	2560 x 1440
  Framebuffer Depth:	30-Bit Color (ARGB2101010)
  Display Serial Number:	2A0454LL6JL 
  Mirror:	Off
  Online:	Yes
  Rotation:	Supported
  Automatically Adjust Brightness:	No
  Connection Type:	Thunderbolt/DisplayPort

(3072*1920) (laptop screen) + ((2560*1440)*2) == 13,271,040 pixels?

vs the classic's 512 × 342 == 175,104 pixels :)

Here's the haul from today -

SE dual 800k floppies, in box everything, almost mint. Along with an ImageWriter II in excellent condition.

large.IMG_20200719_201404.jpg.fb199a4026cf0e481e7df4ad4493c90e.jpg

• 2 ADB keybaords, 1 ADB mouse
  • 250 USB Zip Drive
  • Floppy Disk holder
  • Mac Plus books
  • Palm Pilot
  • Windows 95 on disk!?
  • Bunch of SCSI/etc cables
  • Keyspan ADB to USB adapter
  • DB15 to VGA
  • PS2 to Serail
  • USB modem? (has USB and RJ11, with an apple logo?)
  • Weird Cable (more below)

large.IMG_20200719_201718.jpg.2431c5d7912e14d8dc7fc3b638d9762e.jpg

I have no idea what that cable is on the bottom with the gray apple logos are, only has a few pins, if anyone knows, let me know!

large.IMG_20200719_201736.jpg.fe01ebf330b3f3ca04502fbc68b74657.jpg

Where are you finding this stuff? People in MN want to know! :-)

That's probably a modem or printer cable for the 128K/512K Macs. The fact that it has pins 2,3 and 7 on the wide end means it pretty much as to be serial. I can't remember what pin 20 usually is, but probably handshaking of some kind.

Thanks for the info on the cable. It's from my parents house and our first computer was a Plus so that's a bit odd we'd have it.

The computer and printer came from a consignment shop in Slayton, MN! Cables and Plus books from my parents. Other from a friend.

Lot of stuff all over, just need to have friend and family looking out for ya!

Also CL, Facebook, here, (almost never eBay)

• 4 weeks later...

Nice! I have the same LC III version. I prefer this auto inject floppy case with the screen printed name over the manual inject model case with a LC III sticker. 

The 33Mhz overclock, LC III+, is pretty simple too if you ha e the board out for recapping...

22 hours ago, Fizzbinn said:

33Mhz overclock

Nice! Never head of that before. Will give it a try, seems trivial.

One thing I noticed looking at this board is that there are a lot of surface mount resistors/plastics around the caps. I'll need to be very careful when removing the caps with the hot air not to accidentally blow them away/burn them.

You have the original boxing for a Macintosh SE?  I was thinking it might be a fine idea to create replica original boxing for a Macintosh SE, or at the very least, have good digital models on-hand.  How do the internal structures for packaging/styrofoam look like?  I'm guessing it was supposed to also come with a manual or other paper docs of a sort?

9 hours ago, quorten said:

You have the original boxing for a Macintosh SE?

I do, and oddly enough I was looking at it today wondering what to do with it. I do not have any of the booklets but the packing/outside is pretty good for 30 years old. I would even let you have it if you really wanted it (i'm near st cloud, mn, but come down every few months to the cities). Original boxes(outside of software) are not very interesting to me. I could also take some high res pictures of each side and insides. Let me know.

Sure, I'd be interested in some high res photos of the each side outside and insides.  That's as good a start as any for me.  Also, do you have an idea on the specs of the cardboard used?

EDIT: Box dimension measurements would also be nice.

Edited by quorten
Box dimensions
10 hours ago, quorten said:

You have the original boxing for a Macintosh SE?  I was thinking it might be a fine idea to create replica original boxing for a Macintosh SE, or at the very least, have good digital models on-hand.  How do the internal structures for packaging/styrofoam look like?  I'm guessing it was supposed to also come with a manual or other paper docs of a sort?

quorten, greetings from another Minnesotan. I'm in Northfield. I'm pretty sure I have the boxes for SE, Plus and 512k - with the machines inside them.

I'm not big on having the boxes - if you want them I'd love to recover the space. Probably have some (but not guaranteed all) of the styrofoam packing inside. They are by no means perfect, but not falling apart.

Let me know if you are interested; I can confirm what I've got.

ScutBoy, at the moment I'm mainly interested in Macintosh SE boxing, simply because a Macintosh SE is the only vintage Macintosh I have on hand at the moment.  But, now that you mention it, I might also be interested in the Plus and 512k.  Something for me to think about more on that point.