AppleDesign Powered Speakers as part of my further attempts to retro-fy my main mac.

Cool stuff, maniac! Love the progression.

tk, mine have the same problem, didn't find replacements, but found a lot of info on re-coning speakers. Project went directly from active acquisition mode onto the pile-0-procrastination, but re-coning seems the answer. There's a thread about it somewhere.

edit: should be a thread [;)]

Edited by Trash80toHP_Mini
snark

These look better than you'd expect next to a modern iMac.

Mine have some kind of problem, they sound great above a certain volume, I have my suspicions on the cable between the two, but I haven't taken them anywhere to be looked at or popped them open myself.

I'll have to get mine out and snap a picture of how I have my main PC set up, as I'm using a Multiple Scan 20 with it. Clearly should get an iMac or one of the ADB adapters and also use an AEKII on that system.

19 hours ago, Trash80toHP_Mini said:

Cool stuff, maniac! Love the progression.

tk, mine have the same problem, didn't find replacements, but found a lot of info on re-coning speakers. Project went directly from active acquisition mode onto the pile-0-procrastination, but re-coning seems the answer. There's a thread about it somewhere.

edit: should be a thread [;)]

I have been doing reconing (and general restauration) on three pairs of vintage East-German speakers over the last years. It is possible and fairly easy once you get a hang of it.

Well then again for the speakers I restored there are 100% fitting cones still made by several third parties, because the speakers itself are quite popular here. They have cones in a lot of different sizes, it is possible there are fitting ones for the Apple speakers as well. They are based in the Netherlands but you still might want to check them out: https://www.repairyourspeakers.com/index.php?lang=en

*Also because everyone likes pictures some unsorted snapshoots of my restaurations: https://imgur.com/a/DozSm