Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum.

I have a collection of about 35 machines and with my brother we're planning an exibition in my kid's school for the sience week. I've been away from my loved machines for a while, since life with small kids demands a lot of my free time....

Ok. So I went back to the shelves I've started turning on some machines among then my "pet" a IIsi. Din't power on. So. Open the lid and found the battery leaked. I cleaned the acid with alcohol, but don't know what else can be wrong. The oscilator's metal cover have rusted since the last time I recall. Perhaps I can post a picture of the mainboard, so someone can tell me what you think?

Excusme for my wrong english.

Thanks in advance

Seba

Es posible que la pila es la culpa, pero a lo mejor la problema es en la fuente de alimentacion. Es commun para los condensadores a secar y fallar; tengo un IIsi que tiene la misma problema. Para arreglarla tendras que cambiar los condensadores; casi todos los fuentes originales en los IIsi tiene este problema ya. Y aun asi, los condensadores en la computadora misma puede fallar tambien.

Un foto nos ayudara a juzgar.

De todos modos debe sacar las pilas de todos sus computadoras si puede. Hay muy pocos que tendran problemas iniciandose sin ellas. En la mayoria de los casos, solo tendras problemas con los relojes. ;)

Edited by TheWhiteFalcon

Hola,

Si, la fuente de alimentacion es la primera causa del problema, tengo dos (bueno uno y medio, ya que la fuente es comun para los dos) y tuve que cambiar condensatores de la fuente.

La pila nos sirve para nada (solo para mantener datos) y no empide arrancar.

Los condensatores de la placa se deben de cambiar tambien, pero asi de repente, sigo pensando que la fuente tiene que ser revisada.

In other words, the PSU is probably the main culprit, but anyway checking capacitors on the Logic Board and PSU is a good starting point.

TWF, Bibilit: ¡Traductor Google es excelente!

pixelwrangler.design: Agreed. A bad power supply will cause the symptoms you describe. If they're not blown (ie, there are no obviously burnt components), then a simple recap (replacing all the old capacitors with new ones) will most likely get them working again.

That being said, you should recap your logic boards as well. The IIsi doesn't seem too suseptible to cap rot (where the fluids inside the capacitor leak onto the surounding circuitry), but others, most notably the SE/30 and Q840av (among others), are quite susceptible, and if they work, you should recap those ASAP.

c

TWF, Bibilit: ¡Traductor Google es excelente!

pixelwrangler.design: Agreed. A bad power supply will cause the symptoms you describe. If they're not blown (ie, there are no obviously burnt components), then a simple recap (replacing all the old capacitors with new ones) will most likely get them working again.

That being said, you should recap your logic boards as well. The IIsi doesn't seem too suseptible to cap rot (where the fluids inside the capacitor leak onto the surounding circuitry), but others, most notably the SE/30 and Q840av (among others), are quite susceptible, and if they work, you should recap those ASAP.

c

Heh, I only used translate for capacitor and power supply.