Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Never mind. I must have knocked the resisters I soldered loose when I was cleaning the flux off the board. That will teach me not to check my work!
  2. Update: First, Elemenoh, You were absolutely right!!! I managed to get some 682 and 204 resisters, soldered them in (lost one since I suck at micro soldering) recapped the board, and plugged it in. It powered on and booted, but no sound. So I checked continuity and found a broken trace between R2 and Q1. No problem. I bodged it, plugged it in, and BONG!!! I was very happy!! Then I rebooted and again no sound??? So I powered down and turned it off and back on again (I T Crowd stile) and still no sound. I'm ashamed to say that it took me several hours to notice that there wa
  3. Thank you! I wasn't sure because of the font, but after comparing it to the pictures of my board, I think you're right. I think I'm going to check with my local electronics store first, but thank you for the link. Now, one way or the other I'm getting my LC back!
  4. I have checked them out, but I've had some trouble identifying the product I need. I think the markings on the 582 indicate a value of 5.8 kΩ, however, the images on their site are unmarked. Also, they didn't seem to have any stock from the results that came up. I also checked out Mouser with no luck. As for seeking a donor board, I'm not sure what other boards might have the necessary.
  5. Thanks for pointing them out. I actually hadn't before, but from what I could see, they, unfortunately, don't have them.
  6. So sorry for the lack of update, but I've been looking for the replacement resisters for a while now with no luck. Does anyone know where I can find 582 and 204 surface mount resisters? The former seems to be the hardest to locate. My local electronics store has the 204s, but I'd prefer to get both at the same time if I can.
  7. A sad update First I wanted to say thank you so much to everyone who has tried to help me. However, I must regretfully report that this is not going to be a salvageable Macintosh after all. The corrosion to the analog board was far more severe than I had originally thought. Several components were loose, and many of the traces and pads are falling off the board. But the final nail came when I discovered a bent pin on the back of the CRT. In my clumsy attempt to bend it back into shape the tube cracked and a piece of glass broke off, rendering any potential repairs to the anal
  8. Thank you both for this. I'm going to go over the entire board now and see if I can't get this thing to finally work!
  9. The part number for the board is 630-0395. I Tried using the 630-0525 (220v international) as a reference since that's the most commonly documented, but it didn't work. This isn't the first time I've run into an issue like this, where all the documentation for an American computer is for the international version of it. Sometimes I'm lucky, and the two are somewhat interchangeable, and other times they're not. PSUs are particularly annoying that way. If possible, and just to check my work (since it's non-functional), is it possible anyone has a list of all the cap
  10. I'm attempting to recap my Mac Classic's analog board and seem to have lost track of what goes where. I'm not recapping the whole board just yet, only the ones that were obviously bulging or leaking for the moment as they're the ones that were the most obvious and problematic. I've managed to get most of them done, replacing one by one, but I got distracted and now I can't find the proper values for CP11 and CP31.
  11. Thanks. I think I can bridge that between the resisters. If I had to lose a pad, at least it was that one. Yeah, I noticed that too. I've been scrubbing this thing under a magnifying glass with alcohol and q-tips for a while now. It looks a lot better, but it's clear that the caps leaked more than I had originally thought. The damage isn't too bad, but R1 appears to be a casualty (not sure how though).
  12. Thanks for this. I've been Googling images and every picture I've found shows those resisters populated, but I was never able to clearly see their markings. Now at least I know what to get. My guess is that they are necessary and may have fallen off from corrosion, or they weren't as secure as they should have been and I inadvertently knocked them off removing the capacitor. In either case, it seems that there is a trace in between connecting them. If you have a multimeter, could you possibly confirm this? Don't be. If it works, that's all that matters. You're already way
  13. So I'm trying to recap my LCIII motherboard. I managed to remove all of the old capacitors, clean all the pads (all of which survived) but I just noticed that the resisters at R1 and R2 are missing, and one of the pads at R1 seems to have fallen off. The pads on R2 are still there and I cleaned them as well as the remaining pad at R1. The board did work before all of this but would take forever to boot. I don't know how long R1 and R2 have been missing, but I can't imagine that it's a good thing that they are. The old capacitors clearly leaked but thankfully didn't corrode any of t
  14. I've been working on an Apple //e mother board for a while with no luck. It worked when I got it, and all the ICs are socketed. So I tried to use it to diagnose another malfunctioning board. Unfortunately it didn't work, and when I reseated all the original ICs it stopped working all together (no video, no beep). Finally I decided to give it a run through the dishwasher (figured that I couldn't kill a dead board) and now I get 12 horizontal bars across my screen, each 8 pixels tall. This is the most life I've gotten out of this thing in months! So far I've replaced all the R
  • Create New...