Sign in to follow this  
unity

SE SuperView from SuperMac

I have a Superview installed on an SE board. Appears to be for the 19" display. But my question is if there were variations on this board? I did not find much online. The board I have looks like this one:

http://www.ebay.it/itm/-/121876209360?

Mine has a few additions. All the VRAM is populated, U14 and the EPROM locations have sockets installed. And there is a second crystal running at 55mhz. So just wondering if anyone has any info. Would this drive an even higher resolution?

Here are some info.  I believe it will only drive a TTL monitor.  It is b&w.  You also need the driver disk to use this card.

Edited by oldappleguy

Wow, SuperMac really documented their cards back in the day! It's like deja vu all over again. [:D]]'>

SuperMac Spectrum24 Project

Looks like the card's for a B&W version of the 19" RGB analog monitor my NuBus Card is set up to drive going by the timings documented.

The SE card doesn't need all 15 pins because it's only drivings one line in a B&W setup.

Thought I'd also mention that SE video cards that were sold in combination with the many fixed resolution monitors of the day had no need for sense encoding lines as well as the four unnecessary signal/dedicated ground lines of the RGB trinity. DE-9 or Single BNC sufficed to run any compatible analog display.

Some video solutions were TTL for previous compacts back in the Cat-Mac/Hackintosh era, but I don't recall an expansion slot era card paired with a TTL display. Can anyone else think of one offhand?

I've got to check the spec on my 19" PanaPro/NuBus pair. That display was also available in an SE bundle.