• Content Count

• Last visited

1 Follower

Profile Information

• Interests
    Vintage computers, woodoworking, anime

Recent Profile Visitors

868 profile views
  1. I'm guessing you're in the UK? I have a parts IIci that's mostly complete but might be difficult to ship things to the UK.
  2. Jinnai

Woz's 70th Birthday

Happy birthday, Woz!
  3. Jinnai

NeXTStation Video Problem

You'll probably be able to reach Rob Blessin at nextcomputers.org, but if not, I was able to get help from him three years ago at the email address on this site: https://www.blackholeinc.com/specials/contact.shtml and he was very knowledgeable.
  4. Jinnai

Macintosh SE/30 Restoration

Pretty remarkable that you did that without a hot air gun. I sure wouldn't have wanted to do that.
  5. Jinnai

Transplanting 9-inch CRTs - A Journey

I can't help but wonder, how do I wire the amber CRT as-is to work with a signal? [EDIT] From looking at it, it appears yellow is a composite signal, black is ground, and purple is +12v, and that's all there is. Pic where someone has wired a composite signal to the black and yellow CRT connection:
  6. Jinnai

Macintosh SE/30 Restoration

I have a similar but less dramatic problem, the speaker sounds very quiet and a little tinny at startup, then once in the OS everything is normal. I'm totally confused. It's a board that had semi-major cap repair.
  7. Jinnai

Very cool, and thanks for the stls! RE the CRT without tabs: I thought one might be able to spot weld tabs onto the CRT, but then again, you might just cause the CRT to erupt. There's one with tabs on ebay for less last I checked, though.
  8. Jinnai

could I possibly get a copy of the stl for the adapters? I had the same problem with a CRT I tried to put in, but don't have 3D modeling skills to make an adapter..,
  9. Jinnai

3D-Printed Objects

Putting in a random address in the Netherlands returns an estimated shipping cost for up to a pound of $23.28 USD. Its $13 if I select "large envelope" but... especially with a bezel, an envelope would be impossible.
  10. Jinnai

3D-Printed Objects

I don't like hijacking maceffects, but I have a couple from a scrapped centris 610...
  11. Jinnai

A Bit Of A Rarity

Oh man, that is really nice.
  12. I've done that too, sometimes they're just ridiculously tight and break the plastics unreasonably
  13. Seconding that! Right where the CRT is screwed to the frame should be down, in my opinion.
  14. Jinnai

Got a Power Macintosh G3 Desktop, what is it???

Will the M3979 be unable to use a drive bigger than 120gb at all, or only be able to see 120 of it? I looked in my drive stash, and I had 2x 160gb, one 250gb, and one 320gb IDE drives, but nothing smaller, so I'll have to either buy a smaller IDE drive or get a PCI card.
  15. Jinnai

Got a Power Macintosh G3 Desktop, what is it???

Sure! I'd like the whole zip drive setup eventually. Alright, I'll keep an eye out for a Radeon 7000! Would a 7200 work with system 8? I don't know much about it, never messed around with it much. Thanks for the info! I like collecting machines more than software, so the way I look at it, if I wanted an OS X machine, I'd simply get another computer for it. I'd like to run System 8 or 9 on it, whichever is faster. I don't collect too many IDE HDDs under 160gb unfortunately, but I might be able to find a server SCSI drive. I know I have the adapter. There's a lot of options apparently, I just know the Performa 6230cd was painfully slow at IDE HDD reading and I'd like to somehow avoid that - if the software or the PCI bus make that happen no matter what then I'll use an IDE drive. Thank you so much for all the info @jeremywork! Now I know to keep an eye out for one of those Bordeaux cards.