About Trash80toHP_Mini

• Rank
    NIGHT STALKER

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

4493 profile views
  1. Trash80toHP_Mini

PB Duo schematics?

Cost would be insane, but if they ever set it up for research like the National Archives, that would be wonderful. Might the Woz be contacted to fund such an endeavor? It would be very sad to see so much technical history molder away in storage un-scanned.
  2. Trash80toHP_Mini

Help me identify this wack-ass display card.

It's been a very long time, but ISTR my TrueVision card w/Xilinx on board came up from DeclROM as a startup screen without a driver, but that's NuBus? Dunno, given built-in monitors, maybe some SE/30 PDS VidCards weren't designed to Apple's spec?
  3. Trash80toHP_Mini

Help me identify this wack-ass display card.

You shouldn't need any software for basic function of any 030 PDS VidCard. If built to spec. drivers will be in the Declaration ROM under the sticker. To find more info about it run TattleTech's NuBus/PDS report with the card installed in another SE/30 or a IIsi. IIRC one of our resident boffins ( @trag or @Gorgonops ?) knows how to convert CGA to VGA.
  4. The way I'd read it, I thought you needed to have the part fabbed, Glad you found the real deal.
  5. For the FDD connector, why not alternate thruhole rows for a 20 pin Female Edge card connector with the standard 19pin D-Sub? That way DB or Edge Card connectors could be installed. Development of any future FDD doohickies could use edge card connections for tighter fit to the case sans connector part count. FloppyEMU adapter like BMOW's would be soldertail DB sandwiched to 20 pin edge card PCB to rather than DIP header. https://www.sullinscorp.com/drawings/54____C___DRA_,_C10876-E.pdf Connector in PDF has threaded lug mount option
  6. Trash80toHP_Mini

New 3D-printed parts (ktkm)

Thanks for the Software recommendations, I need to segue into reversible case hacks from my longstanding affinity for non-reversible re-casings. This brewing Mac Portable project looks daunting at first, but on closer examination the Subframe Assembly's a relatively simple set of modules in terms of its interface with the rest of the Portable'splastics. These would be chemically welded to printed framing members or bolted up to a metal inner chassis. Looked at piece by piece, it doesn't seem such a big deal. The inner box structures for battery/drive would be eliminated and the skeleton set up for installation any number of things. A pair of good stereo speakers and the likes of a custom SE/30 board come immediately to mind given current and longer term development projects. __________________________________ Replacement parts for the insides of cases may become a thing of the future. A new drive assembly for the IIcx-Q700 series set up for any number of SCSI based paraphernalia. __________________________________ Entirely new internals should be in the works. Who really needs a Floppy? Imagine paperclipping the eject hole of a newly engineered FDD replacement. Such would spit the SD carrier section of the likes of SCSI2SD from the pie holes of either type of FDD.
  7. Trash80toHP_Mini

Macintosh Plus memory upgrade boards.. Why?

See: Cooling Down on page 143. There were all kinds of funny notions floating about in that era when it came to upgrades. Concern regarding melting the top louvers over the A/B of Macs was not one of them.
  8. Trash80toHP_Mini

New 3D-printed parts (ktkm)

Fabulous, I need one for my 950. Better to print a pair. That way they'll match and we can save intact latches for future museum quality restorations. I saw something about replacement FDD bezels in that thread, has anyone seen those done yet? What's the current 3D package of choice? Free, if limited and upgradeable?
  9. New toy: IBM aCard IDE to LVD-SCSI Bridge Adapter New AEC-7722 IDE device to SCSI interface Got this peripheral (not for mass storage) adapter to hook up a laptop CD or DVD drive. Now I'm wondering at what point on the SE/30 operating system/LS-120 driver timeline might intersect? 7.5.5 on my SE/30/50MHz PowerCache would be about perfect, but apparently it can be goosed up to 8.1 if necessary?
  10. Trash80toHP_Mini

Short when CRT board connected

I'll be quiet now.
  11. Trash80toHP_Mini

That's what has me thinking brightness control circuit, which is cut out of the equation when the neck board is unplugged, no? Don't mind me if my suggestions make no sense, still half asleep.
  12. Trash80toHP_Mini

The brightness control is out of circuit when the CRT is disconnected, no?
  13. Trash80toHP_Mini

In that case I'd test the rheostat(?) that controls brightness for the short as my first step? Maybe you can take it out of circuit, replacing it with a resistor for testing?
  14. Trash80toHP_Mini

Haven't had enough coffee yet, but wondering about that partial screen draw, failure and why you might have the same fault now with two different CRTs tested? Dunno electronics enough to be of help there, but my first blurry thought was wondering if you've got a memory failure that's screwing with the frame buffer? Dunno if you can get chimes with the the neck board unplugged in a Classic, do you get them in that config? Have you got a memory expansion card installed, if so remove it just to see what happens? The first two MB are soldered, no?