ktkm

• Content Count

• Last visited

About ktkm

• Birthday 04/10/1981

Profile Information

• Interests
    Typography, Dozenalism, Mac Plus, Mac Portable, Mac IIcx, Mac IIci, Mac IIfx, Mac SE/30

Profile Fields

• OCCUPATION
    Type & Graphic Designer

Recent Profile Visitors

956 profile views
  1. Thanks for the update! Always refreshing!
  2. I can only imagine the satisfaction when you heard that first boot chime. I have my bicker 630 ordered now, can’t wait to put it good use. Good work!
  3. ktkm

New 3D-printed parts (ktkm)

While I’m trying to find a decent 3D printer, that is not too expensive for the Q950 Nubus Slot; I thought I share my Macintosh Portable SCSI2SD Mount. Since I find myself taking the MP apart, a lot, I wanted something that could be self mounting without the use of too many screws, just like the original parts. It also had to have a deeper bay, since the SCSI-adapter is quite tall. The result worked out neat, I think. With the new mount in place (last image) together with @maceffects new 8 MB memory card (designed by @techknight), it starting to look good enough inside for a clear case. MP_SCSI2SD51_Mount-by_ktkm.stl.zip
  4. ktkm

Well, pretty close, I’d say. But since I’m a type design buff, I choose a more optical way to centre the triangular reset legend. I hope no one minds.
  5. ktkm

I found another couple of reference images for the legend. Here’s the latest iteration together with a .STL (no guarantees). MacII_Reset-Interrupt_Switch_815-6024-200921.stl.zip
  6. ktkm

I couldn’t find the II switch in the other thread either. Right now, I’m almost done with the first iteration, @jessenator do you have a picture of the flipside? Just want to make sure I get the reset/interrupt pictogram/legends correctly aligned. Here’s the work in progress. (I’ll post a .STL as soon as have everything in place).
  7. ktkm

Thank you @jessenator! I’m on it.
  8. ktkm

I’m not sure, but if someone has a couple of pictures, maybe I could combine them with the SE button to make II version. Nice! Is Tinkercad any good?
  9. ktkm

I don’t know what’s best, but I certainly wouldn‘t mind. I have tried it with an end table that I was planning to make out of Valchromat. It uses both dovetails and mortises.
  10. Sounds safe. I have an unrelated Issue with a refurbished IIsi PSU -- the fast 3.15A 250V fuse I switched to keeps failing. I was thinking of switching to a slow one just to rule things out.
  11. Really nice! What type of fuse are you using? Fast or slow? And also what is the value?
  12. ktkm

Congratulations on finding your dream machine! I don’t know exactly what part we’re talking about, but if I had one I think I would be able to make one. Until that day I’m not much of help I’m afraid.
  13. ktkm

Well, right now I’m working on the aforementioned Quadra 9X0 Nubus slot cover and bezel, a light pipe for II, IIx or IIfx, and a SCSI2SD 5.1 mount for a Mac Portable. Then I would like to find/make a programmer switch for a II, IIx or IIfx.
  14. ktkm

Interesting thread, and long! Too bad, I missed it. Your thorough take on the Q950 blank bezel makes my efforts appear a little redundant. However, I’m still learning, and I think the right way to start is with the blocky Q950 characteristics. Besides the parts described in the thread, what are you working on now? Mabe, we can coordinate? Btw, I love the portable feet!