1 Follower

About JRL

• Birthday 03/31/1995

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

976 profile views
  1. JRL

DON’T TALK TO ME OR MY SON EVER AGAIN

I sold that 575 to another MLA member actually! This is another one that I never had the motherboard with. I kept my own LC 575
  2. JRL

DON’T TALK TO ME OR MY SON EVER AGAIN

Yay, it's looking great!! Happy that it went to a great home
  3. JRL

JRL's Conquests

Made a major purchase that I wanted ever since I first heard about the 550c from the Cult of Mac book years ago - I picked up a Powerbook 550c with the box and manuals for a grayscale 520 for $350 shipped from Japan. It had some minor cosmetic damage to the screen from a leaking PRAM battery ("vinegar syndrome"), unfortunately, but otherwise is in pretty great shape! Already upgraded it to 40MB of RAM and the original 750 MB HD works great.
  4. So I was getting ready to set up my SCSI2SD with my 540c, only to realize that the 540c's HD cable is keyed in a certain way so that nothing can go in pin 17 and the SCSI2SD is not (it doesn't have the missing pin 17 that the CF PowerMonster and other SCSI drives have) For those using SCSI2SDs with their 5xxs, am I right in assuming that I have to break off pin 17 of the SCSI2SD?
  5. It really is a cool upgrade! I'd love to get the CPU/FPU working, I hope I just missed an additional jumper setting or something of the like.
  6. Thank you @PB145B! The person who I got it from picked it up several years ago from an estate sale local to me. It can be upgraded to 4MB indeed - I think theoretically you could go further if you wanted more RAM for a RAM disk! It also has a custom drive bracket that holds the FDD/HDD and an additional fan.
  7. Hi all, I picked up a 512k with the MacMemory Turbo Max upgrade (16 MHz 68000 + internal/external scsi + ram slots + FPU). After some fiddling with it I got it working with the exception of the CPU/FPU - it just detects the original CPU/no FPU. Does anybody know if there's an additional driver or setting on the card that I'm missing? Otherwise, it works great! The internal hard drive didn't have any special drivers for the Turbo Max on it.
  8. JRL

JRL's Conquests

Part 2 of the same conquest: 512k with internal SCSI HD/external SCSI port/upgraded RAM/ROMs (not 100% working atm) Performa 575 (no MB) Performa 575 Some internal/external SCSI HDs 12" RGB monitor - very yellowed and with cut off cable - hope to resplice a new cable soon Paid $150 for these, really happy!
  9. JRL

JRL's Conquests

I got a fixer CCII as a bday gift from my sister from Buyee - unfortunately the CRT got wrecked in shipping. Thankfully, someone who I purchased my Portrait monitor from hooked me up with a good deal. For $100 I picked up the following: CC - bad analog board - was recapped and still has garbled output, no mobo CC - not working Dual FDHD SE with Total Systems Mercury accelerator He also has a pretty tricked out 512k with MacSnap upgrades and an internal SCSI HD - will probably pick that up my next trip. For now, going to try and combine the CCs into a nice working system and take a CRT to repair my II. In the meantime if somebody has the ability to print out a new Total Systems case badge (or has an original) please let me know!
  10. JRL

Macintosh Classic II Power Issues

I have since acquired this particular Classic II and this isn't a issue with the AB, it's an issue with the logic as the screen pictured happens with my working analog boards. I'm working on figuring out the issue now.
  11. JRL

SE/30 RAM Upgrade

Personally, I wouldn't worry too much - I've never personally broken a plastic SIMM slot. I've always bent them to the bare minimum that they need to be bent in order to release the SIMM and they've always been intact after.
  12. JRL

JRL's Conquests

Also on another note... I bought a "dead" PB Duo 270c for $25 shipped BIN on eBay. Tried it with my yoyo adapter and it booted up Another nice bonus was in store for me as well: It only had a 8MB module installed, but not complaining at all considering I got a working 270c and a 1.2gb drive/IDE-SCSI PB bridge for $25!!
  13. JRL

Mac SE/30 no sound

I also am having the same issue with my backup SE/30 board (no sound whatsoever except a slight crackle through the headphone port at boot). Mine had several missing pads when I got it but I think I’ve patched all of the obviously broken traces.
  14. That's awesome! I'm hoping that I just didn't clean the EGRET enough... but I'll report back.