miniMOJOman

• Content Count

• Last visited

1 Follower

About miniMOJOman

• Birthday August 26
  1. miniMOJOman

My Color Classic Problem

RF19 Resistor Problem (what is the value)
  2. miniMOJOman

Identify this Board!

Donald, what an amazing response!!! This is the best history I have heard about this accelerator. I would love a follow up if you ever get into that old stuff!!! Let me know! I'll look online for any software for the orion/irwin. Thanks!
  3. miniMOJOman

Woz IIgs w/ AE Vulcan 20mb HDD

I need to get the CF card first, aren't they unavailable?! I know I can get the actual CF card, I am speaking of the adapter for the IIgs.... here are some pictures for your enjoyment of the hoard of software/books I got with this WOZ IIgs
  4. miniMOJOman

yah, the hardrive ended up smoking, so I took it out and I removed the vulcan parts for the time being.. I need to get a CF card thingy.. I dont know where to find one!!
  5. miniMOJOman

LOL I just unplugged the IDE hard drive from the Vulcan power supply..The power supply turned on and powered the IIgs w/o the hard drive in it... so then I plugged it into just a bare power cord from another computer... the disk spun up fine.. so I put it back in the vulcan powersupply and it works fine now?
  6. miniMOJOman

So when i remove the Vulcan Hard Drive from the Power Supply, it turns on.. .does that mean the PSU is failing, or the hard drive somehow is causing a short or something? Seems like the PSU might not be supplying enough power anymore? So confused
  7. miniMOJOman

GREAT, so I was running the scan yesterday at the shop, and it literally took 5 hours to scan through 300 of the 700+ cylinders. So I left it on overnight, probably a big mistake, when I came in this morning the IIgs was off. I think the Vulcan Power Supply crapped out overnight in the heat/power... It doesnt turn on anymore ... I dont see any bulging caps or anything in the PSU and I have no idea how to start diagnosing where the power problem is.. but I guess this baby will have to go on the backburner until I find out how to repair it sad day
  8. miniMOJOman

Which chips to buy

Lol, I am sure there is a nicer way of putting that!
  9. miniMOJOman

Before I found the "AE" key combination, it had 2 partitions but they weren't set to "ON"... which I believe you can only set them to on, once you create a valid partition block.. this is all very new to me.. haha
  10. miniMOJOman

ARG, I just found out you can press the AE keys together in Part Manager and it will scan the drive and create what is called a "VALID PARTITION BLOCK"... I ran the scan, and then it couldnt create the valid partition block... I am thinking this HDD is just dead lol....
  11. miniMOJOman

in the partition manager program I can format and set the boot partition, but the drive never shows up on the desktop.. what am I doing wrong?
  12. miniMOJOman

Yeah, I thought there was a program to deal with bad blocks...?
  13. miniMOJOman

BTW are these "Partitioning and Formatting" programs on the 5.25" disk different from the ones on the 3.5"? The one I was able to use was called Part Manager I believe.. (Partition Manager) it allowed me to "format" a partition, create all the partions, name them, set them to prodos/pacal/dos/etc, and select which partition was boot... If so, I used this program to create two partitions one for 13mb, and one for 7mb, (or around) and while trying to format the second partition it said it couldnt read from block 2.
  14. miniMOJOman

Excellent! I have been using a IIgs emulator on my G3 to create disks but its not very reliable, and I have had no way of using the 5.25" disk images. So after I use Ciderpress to extract the files I'd put them on a flash drive and put them on the g3. From there I would format a floppy for prodos and just drag and drop the extracted files onto the disk?? Is that the easiest way?
  15. miniMOJOman

Celgen: I downloaded the zip from the link but it is using the newer .bxy file and I guess I need to use Shrinkit, which I am not familiar with to unpack it to make a disk image..... I'll keep plugging along!! ill let you know the progress, I really appreciate the help