fri0701

• Content Count

• Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

441 profile views
  1. Hi everyone, I just backed up an Apple III-formated ProFile drive (10MB) to my modern Mac using ADTPro. Does anyone know of a utility program that exists that can read the .po disk image and save each file on the disk as a separate file on my modern machine? I thought of using Ciderpress (which I've had success with in the past for Apple II disks), but it doesn't seem to play nice with this image. Thanks!
  2. fri0701

A Bit Of A Rarity

From a 2013 thread about one of the other two Twiggy Macs: @OldMacGuy - Sounds like a good first step will be to find someone (ideally) local with a Lisa 1, who should be able to read and back up your disk over a serial connection to a modern computer. I'd recommend pursuing a backup now before continuing to test your drive with that disk, so you don't lose any data or corrupt the disk during your testing! As for the drive itself, there's been some good discussion about Twiggy servicing over at LisaList2 lately. Perhaps you'll find that useful at a starting point: https://lisalist2.com/index.php/topic,80.0.html If the controller board on the drive is identical to the one used in a Lisa, I wonder if the whole drive could be hooked up to a Lisa 1 and "exercised" by BLU, which would give you an indication as to whether or not it's working properly. Obviously, you'd have to make *absolutely* sure everything was identical before attempting this...
  3. fri0701

A Bit Of A Rarity

That is surprising! Your keyboard has the same groove in the same place as the first Twiggy Mac's keyboard.
  4. fri0701

A Bit Of A Rarity

@OldMacGuy Your keyboard seems to have the same pull-out drawer as one of the other surviving Twiggy Macs. Is there anything inside? Thanks for the additional pictures! I'm grateful you're taking the time to thoroughly photograph and document this machine.
  5. fri0701

A Bit Of A Rarity

Or the Computer History Museum! I bet they'd love to display one of these.
  6. fri0701

A Bit Of A Rarity

Amazing find! I hope you post more details about it soon, including some more photos!
  7. fri0701

ADTPro Lisa Profile Transfer

Hi Sunder, Here's a link to my code: https://github.com/tfrikker/lisa_utils Hopefully you find it useful for debugging purposes! Feel free to PM/post here if you need my help with anything, or if you test it on any of your disks! I'm curious to hear how it goes.
  8. fri0701

Lisa Error 45

Here's a link to the table of startup error codes: https://lisafaq.sunder.net/single.html#lisafaq-hw-rom_error_codes Looks like a Bus error (not entirely sure what that entails, but maybe a poke around the Lisa boot ROM source would get you somewhere?)
  9. fri0701

Hi Sunder, I read over the BLU image format (http://sigmasevensystems.com/blumanual.html) and the DC42 format (https://wiki.68kmla.org/DiskCopy_4.2_format_specification), and I decided I'd try to write my own version of blu-to-dc42 from scratch. I got a version working that produces bootable ProFile images from my raw BLU dumps! It only supports 5MB ProFiles at the moment. Once I clean up my code a bit, I'd be happy to send you a link if you're interested in taking a look.
  10. fri0701

I ended up using ZTerm, and it looks like it worked! I now have 3 Lisa ProFile disk images on my modern computer. I ran all 3 of these through the "blu-to-dc42" utility and I now have 3 .dc42 images. None of these boot in LisaEm, however. My plan was then to set one of my dumped ProFile images on a virtual dual parallel port card and then boot from a fresh Lisa Office System install on the internal parallel port. However, when I boot from a LOS 3.1 ProFile image on the parallel port, no other ProFiles connected to dual parallel port cards show up. Do I need the ROM for that card to see drives at all? Thanks for all your help!
  11. fri0701

Thanks, Sunder! This'll be very helpful. Is there a modern Mac utility/program for grabbing bytes from serial that you'd recommend? I have a DB15-DB9-USB cable setup I use with my Apple III for ADTPro that I'm hoping will also work for the BLU transfer.
  12. fri0701

Reading more about this, I'm probably asking the impossible, since I doubt ADTPro reads the tag bytes correctly off the drive. Unfortunately, I don't have much knowledge of BLU... I might have to dig into the documentation and see what other options exist.
  13. Hi all, I used ADTPro on my Apple III to transfer a complete image of a Lisa ProFile drive to my modern Mac. I'd like to use this drive image as a boot device in LisaEm, but the program doesn't seem to recognize it as a valid image. Has anyone successfully done what I'm trying to do here, or does anyone have any tips? Thanks!
  14. fri0701

Apple Lisa No Video

Do your PSU output voltages look to be within spec?
  15. fri0701

Apple Lisa No Video

You're braver than I am - I'd be too nervous to poke around the high voltages in the CRT cavity when the system is running. I don't have a video board handy right now, but the large square plastic connector near the video board card edge has given me a lot of trouble in the past in terms of getting it seated correctly.