Profile Information

Profile Fields

• OCCUPATION
    Embedded Software Engineer

Recent Profile Visitors

233 profile views
  1. landoGriffin

SCSI to Ethernet Adapter on New Hardware

I built with the default options (just "make all"). It appears debugging is on by default, so I do have debugging on. I did built with the latest version. I forked your repo so that I could make updates to the README with some instruction updates. But my fork is up to date with your repo. Is the "TX" debug port just a RS-232 type signal? What baud rate did you use? I can hook up a TTL receiver and try to capture some info, if that helps.
  2. landoGriffin

@saybur - Is there any additional setup that I need to do to make scuznet work? I've programmed the firmware with my brand new AVR-ISP-MK2. When I connect it up to my SE/30, the Nuvolink driver detects that it is there (it doesn't complain that the device is missing at startup). The Nuvolink utility also detects that its there and reports the MAC address as expected. However, whenever I try to do something on the network (Ping using AGNetTools, or open a web page with Netscape), the entire machine freezes. Do I need to have an SD card installed for the network functionality to work? (Currently, the slot is empty) SCSI probe doesn't correctly decode the "Nuvolink" information. Did you see this as well? (I ran into this problem while trying to develop this functionality on RaSCSI. SCSI Probe seems very picky about how the INQUIRY response is formatted.) Here's a picture of my board, in case you notice something blatantly obvious (like I have a chip on backwards or something). Note that I patched in a micro-USB power port instead of using the 5v barrel jack. That's what the giant booger of hot glue is.
  3. landoGriffin

I'll have an extra fully assembled board and ~3 spare PCBs once this is done. Once I get it working, let's talk!
  4. landoGriffin

Arduino SCSI device - Work in Progress

I vote for scuzino or scuzdino. Those roll off the tongue!
  5. landoGriffin

RaSCSI Development Thread

A couple comments about a post that @Byte Knight made in the MacSD thread.... If you don't have any other bootable drives installed, the Mac will wait for RaSCSI to boot up. So, you might see a flashing question mark for 10-20 seconds. But, the Mac should boot once RaSCSI starts up. RaSCSI has that too. I didn't get around to testing it until a few days ago, so I hadn't been advertising it. Next to the ACT/ENB LEDs there are two holes for a header. You can hook up an external LED with a little dab of solder and a couple header pins. (They could go on the top OR bottom - doesn't really matter)
  6. landoGriffin

For future readers of this thread.... I wasn't able to get the xmega-pdi-pi2 programmer to work with my ATxmega128a3. It threw an error while trying to program that there was a mismatch at address 212 I'm giving up on the pi method, and ordered the Olimex AVR-ISP-MK2 I've got too many projects lined up. Spending a day debugging a MCU programmer to save $25 isn't high on my list
  7. landoGriffin

Thanks for the info, @saybur!!
  8. landoGriffin

I ordered a few of these boards to check out. Do you have any suggestions for a low cost programmer? It looks to me that the Pocket AVR programmer from sparkfun should work. Am I missing anything major? https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9825 Or, it appears I might be able to just use the GPIO pins from a Raspberry Pi too.... https://learn.adafruit.com/program-an-avr-or-arduino-using-raspberry-pi-gpio-pins/overview Any suggestions? I'm looking forward to getting my parts and checking this out!
  9. landoGriffin

@PotatoFi is live-streaming an assembly right now!
  10. landoGriffin

So glad to hear that!! I would love to see some action shots to see how people are using it! My hubby made a IIci style box for my Pi zero Rascsi!
  11. landoGriffin

They're back in stock!!! https://www.tindie.com/products/landogriffin/rascsi-macintosh-version/ Promo code for my 68kmla buddies through Sunday: THEYREBACK for $10 off.
  12. landoGriffin

Apple Hard Disk 20SC Restoration / Update

That's awesome!!
  13. landoGriffin

ATX Power Supply Mod for Quadra 840av

Woohoo!!! It works! It took a little fiddling to get things working. After I cut off the LEDs, things seemed to work much better. But, I'm not sure if that's because of the LEDs, or because of something else I did. Ultimately, the LEDs don't matter, so I'd recommend anyone who uses this in the future should just skip those. Thanks again @BadGoldEagle for your review comments! As far as projects go, this one has to have the least glamorous pictures If anyone else out there needs one of these boards, just PM me and I'd be glad to share. I only needed one, but they came in a package of 5.
  14. landoGriffin

Making some progress on Ethernet support! Its turning out to be much more complex than I originally hoped. The original RaSCSI code didn't have "Reselection" capability, which the Nuvolink SC uses. RaSCSI was developed assuming that the host would ALWAYS initiate the communication. That doesn't work well if you're receiving network packets and need to push them to the host. Also - I put up a handful more RaSCSIs on Tindie, for folks who are waiting for one. There's only one left, but I should have more in a couple weeks. Also - join us on Discord if you want to talk more about RaSCSI! https://discord.gg/PyS58u6
  15. landoGriffin

That is so cool!! I might need to make one of those