EmmyOcelot

• Content Count

• Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. EmmyOcelot

Quadra 650 caps

Oh score! I didn’t know after dealing with much trouble with a Quadra 610.
  2. EmmyOcelot

Quadra 650 caps

Hey everyone! I recently got a hold of a Quadra 650 and need to change its caps asap. Does anyone know which caps are needed for it? I'm going with tantalum caps but cant seem to find any reference on what voltage or capacitance they need to be.
  3. EmmyOcelot

Quadra 610 SCSI fun

Found a working cable, no dice. Still have no drives.
  4. EmmyOcelot

Quadra 610 SCSI fun

I’ll give that a shot. I have a second scsi cable so let’s see what happens
  5. EmmyOcelot

Quadra 610 SCSI fun

Florida. Also wow had no idea the resistance would matter to that degree.
  6. EmmyOcelot

Quadra 610 SCSI fun

I just tested them and they're around 8 MΩ. uxcell doesn't have them listed either. I don’t use the multimeter a lot so please tell me if I really mess up on that. I've got the amazon link here https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N412RLW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  7. EmmyOcelot

Quadra 610 SCSI fun

I used 16v 47μf caps for all of them
  8. EmmyOcelot

Quadra 610 SCSI fun

Alright, round 2! Bit of an update: After much time and sparks, the Q610 is recapped. After following the idea of cleaning the cap areas and setting the termination jumpers correctly (HDD=0, CD = 3), i'm still stuck. No drives show and scsiprobe show the bus still as not terminated. Can anyone guide me as to what I should do? If pictures are needed, I'll send some
  9. EmmyOcelot

Recap gone right?

Yeah. That did it. Still am having issues with SCSI though. Good news is that it boots and doesn't catch on fire. Now to find out why the SCSI doesn't work.
  10. EmmyOcelot

Recap gone right?

So I just redid that capacitor (thank god there was still some of the pad left) and while it doesn’t blow up, I get no boot up chime or activity from the floppy drive. Where should I begin to look next?
  11. EmmyOcelot

Recap gone right?

Could the one cap kill the board? I'm still going to swap it out tomorrow.
  12. EmmyOcelot

Recap gone right?

Well....just goes to show. Check the polarity of all caps.
  13. EmmyOcelot

Recap gone right?

Oh thank goodness! I really thought I was going to have to reverse them.
  14. EmmyOcelot

Recap gone right?

Howdy everyone! A while ago I got recommended the advice to recap my Q610. Well, today was the day and I finally did it....only to not be sure if I have them on the right way. Can someone confirm I have soldered them on the right way? Last thing I want is for them to snap crackle pop....
  15. EmmyOcelot

Quadra 610 SCSI fun

So, I am going to test the pins on the scsi bus. However does anyone know where i could get the Macintosh quadra 610 schematics from?