cheesestraws

• Content Count

• Last visited

1 Follower

About cheesestraws

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

1745 profile views
  1. are you planning on contributing this upstream? It sounds like something worth fixing.
  2. cheesestraws

scsi voodoo on a quadra 700 with an 80 pin hd

Very nice! Enjoy your Quadra 700, they're nice machines.
  3. cheesestraws

LC II won’t chime

Repairing your existing one may just be a "replace-the-capacitors" job. That often seems to fix them. Otherwise if you do need a replacement, I'd look at the macATX LC (I think it's @Compgeke's project), which is a pre-made converter for ATX PSUs especially designed for picoPSU type arrangements. I don't use one, but that's only because I built mine before theirs came along. Given how nice theirs looks, if it had been around at the time I probably wouldn't have bothered building one from scratch.
  4. cheesestraws

LC II won’t chime

I assume to make sure that there's enough current carrying capacity to take all the current back to ground? There's no point having big chunky voltage wires if the ground connections aren't up to the job . No apologies needed, you are in the right place to ask these questions and a lot of them are questions I asked when I was trying to build my PSU-thing.
  5. cheesestraws

LC II won’t chime

If the logic board was working, it probably is still; in my experience, at least, those power supplies don't tend to take the board with them if they don't fail dramatically. The LC boards only need 5v, 12v and ground. There's also a -5v, but for testing purposes you can leave that out. The pinout is here: https://old.pinouts.ru/Power/mac_lc_power_pinout.shtml The connector is compatible with the Molex KK396 (if I remember correctly); when I built a replacement "PSU" I used cheap KK396 clones from eBay. With an ATX PSU you'd have to manually fiddle with the soft power of course.
  6. cheesestraws

RaSCSI Development Thread

The fun thing here is because it's a tap interface, you can run other software on the r-pi directly plugged into that "network". So, for example, you could bridge the tap interface to a wireless interface and add a bit of code to configure the wireless either through a web UI or by broadcasting the SSIDs you can see via NBP and writing a little Chooser extension to switch between them (which I think is probably the most System 7-idiomatic way of doing it)
  7. cheesestraws

Eric's conquests

Well! That'll keep you entertained for a while. Nicely done.
  8. cheesestraws

MacSD - new SCSI SD card emulation tool

Welcome aboard! Thankyou! Ordered one .
  9. cheesestraws

Do you happen to know if there's any way I can get one or two sent to the UK? The tindie store won't let me order with delivery to the UK... (sorry if you are in the dark about this too but you're more likely to know that I do)
  10. cheesestraws

Scuznet SCSI to Ethernet Adapter PCB & parts kit

I don't know if numbers are still being kept for this, but I'm no longer interested in being involved in this project.
  11. cheesestraws

Now you're saying that I'm wilfully misinterpreting you because the way you came across didn't match up with how you thought you should have come across? What with me and the poster, there's a proper conspiracy against you on this forum of people who like your product, isn't there? Good grief.
  12. cheesestraws

really? but also: Saying that someone is being toxic and societally corrosive for not having information that you didn't explicitly give them does not seem entirely fair. Noting bad behaviour and supporting people on the pointy end of it is important.
  13. cheesestraws

But, I mean, this is exactly what the word "indefinite" means. So you have literally just said exactly the same thing that the poster said and you're still acting like it's some kind of slander?
  14. cheesestraws

It is not your customers' responsibility to ask probing questions about your stock control. If you do not communicate explicitly and openly when things are available, people will not care to know. By your own statement, the poster's statement was completely accurate; it was out of stock and they had no idea when they would be back in stock again. Saying that they had a responsibility to chase you up because you're unable to put the information they needed on your website doesn't seem entirely fair. These posts show you and Inertial in neither an amiable nor an edifying light, and I think you need to walk away from the computer and de-stress.
  15. cheesestraws

Apple custom ASIC dissection, imaging and analysis

The SWIM or GLU sound like good candidates for actually looking at what logic is inside something. The ADB and Egret, as far as I know, we know what they are in terms of the underlying microcontroller, but we don't have the code running on that microcontroller. So my suspicion is that in those cases there are perhaps better/easier ways to read the ROM out than decapping and imaging? Then again, I'm mostly talking out of my hat here, so...