jdlanza

• Content Count

• Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. jdlanza

SSD in Duo 280c?

Yup, you’re right. Not sure why I thought it was IDE....thanks!
  2. jdlanza

SSD in Duo 280c?

Anyone have recommendations for IDE to SATA adaptors that fit in the Duo’s form factor? I’m recapping a 280c and figure I should take advantage of having it open! Thanks, johnl
  3. jdlanza

CUDA, EGRET, HC6805 Hacking

Is this project still active?
  4. jdlanza

PowerBook 1xx Wireless Modem

This is awesome! Following.
  5. jdlanza

Color Classic Startup Troubleshooting

Well, I did admit that I didn't know what I was looking for! Now I know. Any recommendations for US-based recapping services?
  6. jdlanza

Given the state of the board (see below), I don't think it's a cap or goo issue, but then I may not know what it is I am looking for. Am I missing something obvious? In the meantime, I'll do a search for troubleshooting the egret chip. johnl
  7. jdlanza

One more piece of information that may help: the system failed "overnight." Literally. The evening prior I had been working on the machine, got the system loaded on a SCSI2SD, etc. Shut down. The next morning -- nothing. What would cause this kind of abrupt failure? johnl
  8. Okay, experts, here's what I've got. CC without the mobo installed powers up. Fans spins, etc. Insert the mobo, and no joy. Left it plugged into power overnight, still no joy. Removed the PRAM battery, still no joy. Inspected the mobo, but I don't see any evidence of damage, cap leakage, etc. Leads to the connector are bright and shiny. At this point, my main suspects are the ADB ports. Any thoughts? johnl
  9. jdlanza

Color Classic VRAM Sources?

Thanks, @jimbojones, @EvilCapitalist!
  10. jdlanza

Color Classic VRAM Sources?

All: I have a couple of Color Classics that I am refurbing and I'm trying to locate additional VRAM. It appears to be a 68-pin chip (>100 ns), but I can't find anyone that clearly has them. Anyone have ideas for sources (or chips that work)? johnl
  11. I’m working on a Quadra 660av that boots from the CD-ROM, but does not chime at startup. After boot, the speaker makes a tick, tick, tick noise which speeds up and slows down seemingly at random. Any thoughts? The ticking may or may not have anything to do with the problems I’m having getting the SCSI2SD drives to initialize. It’s version 5.1 and been set up using the same setup file I have been using for my 6100s. Is there something funky with the SCSI bus on the AVs? thanks! johnl
  12. jdlanza

6100 display issues

I did. It's embarrassing to admit, but I had put the new PRAM battery in backwards. I don't know, something about the color scheme on tha battery or something. Funny how it works better when the PRAM battery is in properly!
  13. jdlanza

6100 display issues

Thanks, JB. Yeah, I'm getting ready to do the whole "tear it down and then build it up" thing.
  14. jdlanza

6100 display issues

Done that! Several times!
  15. All: I have a 6100 that intermittently drives its display on startup. "Intermittent" means that I get display output about 1 out of every 8 times I start it up. I'm also noticing that the processor is not hitting the SCSI bus on the times when it does not display. I get a happy chime, and then nothing. I replaced the PRAM battery, but no change. In fact, the only time I got the display working tonight was by putting in the old, dead, PRAM battery! I know that battery is dead because the 6100 loses its clock settings. Only other item of note is that the power supply in the 6100 makes a pretty good amount of moise -- far more than does a sibling 6100 I have right next to it. Any suggestions? johnl