bibilit

• Content Count

• Last visited

About bibilit

• Birthday 11/21/1968

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. bibilit

Color Classic Startup Troubleshooting

Yes it’s obvious. The Egret is the chip next to the battery holder, capacitor and oscillator, the picture is blurry but i am pretty sure legs are corroded/contaminated as well.
  2. bibilit

Caps, Egret chip, goo issues....
  3. bibilit

Assuming you have not replaced capacitors or cleaned the board, there is not much i can say. Battery is not required and connectors never troublesome.
  4. bibilit

LC Video distortion after recap

broken trace probably
  5. bibilit

Mac LC and DB15 to VGA adapter problem...

There is no vram onboard, the stick is required for early LCs. Still thinking something is not right on your Logic board. Have you replaced capacitors ?
  6. Yes not uncommon, had a Compaq Portable III for a while, and this unit had a similar plasma screen
  7. bibilit

PowerBook 190 not powering on after reassembly.

This is a reset switch.
  8. bibilit

PowerBook 190 not powering on after reassembly.

The reset switch ? any bad connector can do that...
  9. bibilit

Been a long time for me, probably Windows XP or even 98SE, worked a treat.
  10. bibilit

worked for me last time i used this method. can be an issue with the PC you are using (maybe a new Windows SW is not able to cope with it) maybe your USB drive is faulty...
  11. bibilit

https://www.macgeek.org/downloads/ You can create a bootable disk here using a PC and a 1.44 blank disk and drive.
  12. bibilit

Macintosh LC TDK PSU troubleshooting

Issue solved. The shunt regulator (HA17431P) was shorted. Working fine after replacement.
  13. bibilit

RetrObrite for whitening. To be honest, this is a temporary fix, if casing if not too far gone (more orange than white) you can leave it alone or use baking soda mixed with water to remove major scratches and clean the surface.
  14. bibilit

So far i have used this method in hundred boards, without any issue. Of course, you can clean afterwards with IPA, but for a test without removing any bad cap, you can have a try (the main goal is to get rid of any electrolyte shorting chips) Some have been throwing boards in a dishwasher also.