olePigeon

68LC040
  • Content Count

• Last visited

About olePigeon

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. I'm interested! I'm waiting for anyone to make a set, really. I'd like to get 128MBs into my IIfx.
  2. olePigeon

72-pin SIMM injection for updated SE/30 Schematic?

The SIMMs in my IIci are about as tall as your SIMM expander. I have a full stack (I call it "the brick") of 8 huge SIMMs. I'm guessing they were some of the earliest 16MB modules and just used a crap ton of lower density chips, utilizing both sides of the board. I love the extra big SIMMs. It's like a hot rod.
  3. olePigeon

Personal Grail Conquest: Payphone. Yep. :D

@LaPorta I'd dearly love to get a Funhouse, Bride of Pinbot, and a Cyclone. Those are my top 3 on my list should I ever get one.
  4. olePigeon

Oops. That was just a replacement case. Luckily I noticed it in time and the seller's going to swap it out with a fully functional one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/GTE120B-Vintage-80-s-WORKING-Payphone-New-in-Original-Box/402078300573
  5. olePigeon

72-pin SIMM injection for updated SE/30 Schematic?

I used to have the 72-pin to 30-pin expanders, but I gave them away (don't remember who.) However, I have a bunch of the 30-pin to 30-pin expanders so you can use lower capacity SIMMs. I also have a set of SIMM doublers for the IIfx that lets you use 2 SIMMs per slot.
  6. @joethezombie Would love to be the first to purchase a 128MB set once you have them ready. I have a bit of extra cash right now.
  7. olePigeon

@Trash80toHP_Mini Not quite yet. I do have three arcades: Joust, Centipede, and Defender. Pinballs are expensive and difficult to repair unless you know what you're doing.
  8. olePigeon

Forgot to mention there're all sorts of adapters and what not to get it working, even with a cell phone.
  9. https://www.ebay.com/itm/GTE120B-Vintage-80s-Payphone-New-in-Original-Box/402292246808 Bought one of these with my stimulus check. I'm fortunate enough to still be employed as I work for the city. I'm super stoked. I can't wait. New Old Stock payphone from 1985. There're even additional parts and upgrades for that particular model on eBay. It has the (apparently) rarer 1/2 size key pad, but I might pick up a full-size key pad as that's the type we had here in California. Would love to pick up some old Pacific Bell branding stuff, hopefully a coin box door and a sticker. Price seemed nice compared to the others out on eBay. They also seem to be selling pretty quick.
  10. olePigeon

Triple IIci

I've fixed up half a dozen IIcis myself, and I've never seen the axials leak that much. They always looked fine, but I replaced them anyway.
  11. Just out of curiosity: can the PDS slot on the SE be broken out into multiple slots like the later LC PDS slots? On the LC, even though there's only 1 physical slot, it has address locations for up to 3 (I think) slots.
  12. olePigeon

Triple IIci

I'd call that a heck of a deal. I mean, time isn't free, but when it's a hobby and you're going to do it anyway, it's as good as free. Plus, there'll be three working IIcis out in the world instead of only two. Fantastic machine.
  13. olePigeon

mattsoft's IIfx

@mattsoft Turned out great. I bought a 2nd floppy drive kit for mine. There's a guy on eBay called Mac Memories that sells them for not much. Includes the metal tray + floppy cable + mounting screws.
  14. olePigeon

mattsoft's IIfx

Very generous of you, but I'm in the U.S.A. That'd be really expensive to ship.
  15. olePigeon

mattsoft's IIfx

I have a working IIfx, but the case is in really bad shape. I'm on the lookout for a nice case.