Sign in to follow this  
blindowl

Radius Pivot SE/30 color monitor requirements?

Hi, what kind of monitor do I need to display color with the Radius Pivot SE/30 card? Currently I have an Apple Performa Plus Display (model M9102Z/D) hooked up, and it can only show 2-bit greyscale. The monitor is capable of 16-bit color, but apparently not with this card. I understand from other threads that special software is not needed. I installed RadiusWare which gave some extra features to the system, but didn't affect the color depth. I know the Performa Display is kind of low budget, and my guess is I need something more fancy.

Can you post a picture of your card? Most SE/30 Pivots can only do greyscale. The color cards are pretty scarce. 

You should also check your ColorSync profile. Maybe it’s set to some odd greyscale monitor...

My IIsi Pivot works on a wide range of monitors, including TVs with VGA inputs... so I don’t think the monitor is the problem here. FYI, there’s only one version of the IIsi Pivot (which can do color) and it’s “compatible” (to some extent) with the SE/30.

Edited by BadGoldEagle

1 hour ago, BadGoldEagle said:

Can you post a picture of your card? Most SE/30 Pivots can only do greyscale. The color cards are pretty scarce. 

You should also check your ColorSync profile. Maybe it’s set to some odd greyscale monitor...

My IIsi Pivot works on a wide range of monitors, including TVs with VGA inputs... so I don’t think the monitor is the problem here. FYI, there’s only one version of the IIsi Pivot (which can do color) and it’s “compatible” (to some extent) with the SE/30.

Oops, I prepared a picture, but forgot to attach it:

IMG_0258.thumb.jpeg.6f7858ea7312ff2a08868d16ea9e8333.jpeg

I don't have the Mac running at the moment, but where do I set the ColorSync profile?

Edited by blindowl

25 minutes ago, blindowl said:

Edit: should be enough for 16 colors, right?

Well that depends, how much VRAM is on there?

A picture of the whole card would help ;)

I have a Radius Pivot card that has two ZIP VRAM chips installed and does 2 bit color (or actually just grayscale? not too sure right now), you can apparently get it to do 16 colors/grays by adding two more VRAMs into the open sockets on the card.

11 minutes ago, Bolle said:

Well that depends, how much VRAM is on there?

A picture of the whole card would help ;)

I have a Radius Pivot card that has two ZIP VRAM chips installed and does 2 bit color (or actually just grayscale? not too sure right now), you can apparently get it to do 16 colors/grays by adding two more VRAMs into the open sockets on the card.

Ah, thought the "256K" on the ROM was referring to the VRAM, but maybe that's just the ROM size.

So are these the VRAM slots?

IMG_0259.thumb.jpeg.96b3a00ef87589e0db6a4d0a92739231.jpeg