Sign in to follow this  
Gowdarm3

Large Retro Plexiglass Apple Logo - Can anyone shed some light on this?

Hi there,

My dad, who was involved with Apple in the 90s, is cleaning out his basement and found this large plexiglass sign.  It’s nearly 3 feet tall, with a wire to hang it on the back.  Has anyone seen something like this before?  Any way we could find out what it’s worth?  Thanks 

95BE1ABB-F1D2-4FFF-9A53-BEE884E10CA2.jpeg

That'd be a dealer sign from the 1980s.  You might have seen one at an Apple authorized dealer.

Does he still have the leaf?  It'd be green like the top, eye shaped.

It's hard to tell what it's worth.  Signs, however, appeal to people other than computer fans.  Sign collectors might be interested, too.

The old Macintosh light-up dealer sign seems to go for about $1000 in good condition.  So if you have a complete, large wall-hanger sign, I'd say $500?  But I'm just pulling that out of the air, I honestly don't know.  Would be an awesome piece to have on MY wall, that's for sure. :D

LOL! I have one on my wall but it's 6 feet wide, 8 foot tall and the leaf's top 40% was lopped off to just to make it fit! But the color bands are only 3/4" thick, but they do stick out like shelves! [:o)]

I'm with oP, if you have the matching leaf you're probably in the territory of $500 if you don't limit it to a computer only listing. Sign collectors are insane. As an insane ex-signmaker I get a good laugh out of it! [:D]

Edited by Trash80toHP_Mini
apparently I can no longer type or spell.