Can any of you Color Classic owners confirm if the stock fan is 80x25mm and runs at 12V?  

Also, is the fan 2-wire or 3-wire?

Lastly, if there is anything that would impede the easy replacement with a modern 80x25mm fan, please let me know.

Thank you!

Thanks, Crutch.

So basically you connected the Fan's RED wire to +12v and the BLK wire to GND, and I assume you spliced/soldered those two wires onto a stub of the existing Color Classic fan wires, since the way that fan seems to work is by pressing that 2-pin connector against a mating connector on the motherboard.

Curious... Why did you choose the FLX over PWM? The PWM is slightly faster at 2200rpm.  The FLX is only 2000rpm.  That stands in comparison to the 60x25mm versions which are 3000rpm (and still very quiet).

That’s right. Actually I soldered the stub wires and the snipped fan wires to a pair of 2 pin connectors in case I ever wanted to swap out the fan again. I don’t recall why I chose the FLX model, it was a while ago - maybe just because I figured I couldn’t use the PWM feature anyway? I’m not sure I remember noticing that RPM difference.