Sign in to follow this  
onabeach

SCSI2SD instalation on SE easy-peasy...almost

Got my SCSI2SD v5.1 with a Kensington 16GB SD card and plugged it in to my SE's internal SCSI via ribbon cable. Didnt touch the factory settings or update firmwear. Initialized the card with the patched HD SC setup 7.3.5. Viola! There it was mounted on the desktop. Opened it up and had 127 kb used and a bit over 4 gb available. But when I tried to copy a readme doc onto it it said that 36 mb additional space was needed! Tried reinitializing it using partitions, full Macintosh, half Macintosh, etc no luck. Tried Lido which was much worse; no mounting and caused a system bomb.

Is there a small partition on top causing the lack of space? I think I saw one and tried to move it down with no luck.

Any thoughts?

If you haven't played with a SCSI2SD before, you might find my blog entry helpful: http://www.savagetaylor.com/2018/01/05/setting-up-your-vintage-classic-68k-macintosh-using-a-scsi2sd-adapter/

Others have had odd results with their SCSI2SD and their SE, most seem to fix the issue with a firmware update and/or providing power to the SCSI2SD using it's USB connector.   I also always do a full format of my SD cards before using them to ensure there are no issues with the actual card.

Solved.

Didn't know that 6.0.8 was limited to 2GB per volume. So I ran patched setup 7.3.5 again, initialized again, deleted the default 4 GB partition, and created a 1 GB partition.

Viola! Works now. Easy peasy!