AlpineRaven

PowerBook G3 PDQ overclock to 333mhz?

Hey all - I have 300mhz G3 PDQ PowerBook G3.

I was wondering if I could overlock to 333mhz? I seem cannot find concrete info so far.

Cheers

AP

Edited by AlpineRaven

Confirmed.

Since I had a spare 300mhz CPU I decided to see it myself.

Moved the resisters over and put it back in PDQ and powered on - at first go it fired up!

System info shows 333mhz - Ripper! As I really wanted 333mhz.

Decided to benchmark it - same specs as iMac 333mhz except the Hard Drive (PDQ has IDE to SD adapter in it)

I don't have access to PowerBook G3 Lombard to see what the difference would be.

Cheers

AP

IMG_0032.JPG

5 hours ago, EvieSigma said:

I always wondered if you could OC the bus in the PDQ to 83MHz like the non-PDQ models.

I was thinking about that - and I thought because I really like the PDQ and I didnt want to push it, 333mhz is good enough as it is. If I get another 300mhz (3rd CPU) then I'd consider it.

3 hours ago, Unknown_K said:

How well does that laptop deal with the extra heat?

No difference between 300 and 333mhz. While I was benchmarking I was touching the CPU area and I was able just to touch it it was hot to begin with - IMO both 300 and 333mhz felt the same "heat" from it.

It has been more than 32 hours now - Ive copied about 8gb across network from the server to PDQ last night and it performed well. I tried installing OSX.3 - wouldnt allow to install, Ive forgotten what the program was called to boot into un-supported OSX!

Edit: it was XPostFacto. that I needed...

Cheers

AP

Edited by AlpineRaven