• it has to be conductive, and grounded. Also it has to be applied properly, almost identically to that of what the original Dag coating had.    Also Guitars =/= 10 to 12KV of energy. 
    • I did not know this existed.  How useful.  Thanks for the information!
    • Sidebar - On a small compact Mac screen, I like to kill the Help menu icon with Helium to save precious menu bar space and unclutter the screen, since I have never actually used that menu for its intended purpose in my life, even in the ‘90s. 

https://macintoshgarden.org/apps/helium-211  
    • Thank you all so much for this. It makes a lot of sense.   I don't have other Mac's for Appletalk/Ethertalk, so have been using MacTCP and Fetch to pull files from my internal FTP server without a problem and this has worked fine on 7.5. Will try 7.1 and see if I can get the same working.   I'm going to take the suggestion of having a play with each and seeing what I prefer, then look to slim it down if it's slow, and dual boot if I want to.
    • There's a lot of sense in this.  Whether you install 7.1 or 7.5+ on a machine like that depends on whether you are the kind of person that likes to start with something big and slim it down or start with something small and add stuff.  Both are totally sensible ways of doing it, and you should choose the one you will enjoy more, ultimately.  Personally, I'd tend to put 7.1 on, but that's because I'm a minimalist (in software terms, at least), and also I prefer the Balloon Help icon to the Apple Guide icon.   There isn't really a right answer here.