G'day all,

Can someone tell me more information on nubus cache cards for nubus slotted macs specially high end 68k macs ie. Quadra 950. What were they and what did they look like etc

Cheers

AP

53 minutes ago, dr.diesel said:

Did anybody ever make a processor socket cache card for the Q605?

There is one in PowerPC uprgade for 040 socket slot that had 32k cache added on. But for 68040 - Ive never ever seen one.
Cheers

AP

G'nite. [;)]  I see it hasn't been mentioned yet so I'll chime in even though you're now on the better trail for your hunt. The card o posted is for the040 PDS slot, not NuBus which is too slow for internal memory I/O outside of RAM Disk operations.

You've inadvertently (or through a terminology mixup?) posed and interesting question though. I wonder if putting Cache on the LC PDS might be worthwhile? The LCIII extension to that slot has a CPUCLK input so it should at least theoretically support Cache operations? If you can't find a Cache Card for that slot in the historical record it shouldn't be hard to create one. You've made my MIA Quadra 630 board's PDS quite hungry. It would be fun for the CC crowd as well, especially the Mystic modders?

CPU socket's not buffered like the PDS, so development would be a bit more difficult, but should be doable as well in this day and age. It wouldn't have made much sense back in the day to hop up lowend machines in this manner from a business perspective.

I was ransacking my 60+ pages of attachments for something else and found a graphic I did in the LCIII <-> IIsi PDS comparison. You've got CACHE.HIT as well as CPU.CLK on the LCIII slot extension available.