UnaClocker

My IIci rebuild video series

Hey guys, if you're like me, you feel like there's just too dang much vintage Amiga and Commodore content on YouTube, and far too little vintage Macintosh content there. So I'm posting the rebuild of my IIci there, a little at a time in a series. Here's the first one, the next one should be out soon. I've got enough content for 2 more videos, and I think I can get another out by tossing in some nice upgrades. :)

I'll post the next video when it's up.

https://youtu.be/3VRS2_MTsBI?t=1888

When I wasn't using solder paste and did it that way, I had a pad lift up from the strain once.  I learned that because of the sometimes precarious condition of the pads, after I solder the other side, I go back and touch the solder one more time on the original side so it's not pulling up on the pad from being bent over.

I find that once you recap the board, the PSU works fine on most cases. There a are a couple of large caps inside the PSU you could recap if you like.

Nice ATX conversion.  I never did get mine to work with the softpower mod. :/

I lucked out and ended up being able to resurrect my original one with a recap.

Fixing power supplies can be a pain in the rear. I am currently trying to fix an old AT era supply (300W server supply with a weird size not easy to replace).

hehehe, my kids had never heard a monster truck commercial. They had no idea the reference. But it was fun recording that, because my daughter was in the room (she's 11) and I'm like, hey, I have some ideas for intros, I'm going to record a couple, hang out if you want. She just about jumped through the roof when I started shouting.. ;) hehehe..

Edited by UnaClocker
typo