• No clue why machine A is not working, I haven't found any broken traces yet...   The machine B was much easier to recap and it is now in working condition. In addition of new capacitors it requires a sketchy jumper wire to bypass corroded trace. ADB, soft start, floppy, video and sound all work nicely. I haven't tested SCSI yet.   Unfortunately I ran out of SMD tantalum caps so Machine C has to wait a bit.  
    • Sorry bibilit, yes I meant the keyboard. I did a test last night with an old "Apple Design Keyboard", Vanish and boiling water. Let all plastic parts of the keyboard in it for three hours after the toothbrush treatment (another 2 hours, gosh, that's really work) and I know, had no sunlight. It all came out very clean and not eroded with the top of the keyboard remaining still a tat yellowish. I am completely satisfied, though, because I think it is not bad, if one can see a little bit of the 30 years, that have passed.
    • Managed to boot from a Tiger disc and open System Profiler, the Sonnet upgrade is a single 1.6 GHz CPU.
    • Yes, probably sold with different names around the world, but in my opinion  the same product.    Resolve name seems to be used in US/Canada while Vanish is used in UK and other parts of the globe... marketing trick probably.    Here some Information found on the site, not much anyway.    http://www.rbeuroinfo.com/index.php?SKU=23018&action=product_details.php&COUNTRY=FR&LANGUAGE=FR
    • Don't forget that the drives internal transfer rate is slightly different for reading and writing. AV drives were optimized for writing data, consumer desktop drives are optimized for reading data. You also have different real world speeds depending on if you have data on the inner tracks or outer tracks (empty vs full drive).