Sign in to follow this  
RC14

Value of Apple IIc?

I have found an Apple IIc for sale, but being a novice to collecting, would like to get other's opinions.  The computer (A2S4000, if that helps at all), comes with a ColorMonitor, Scribe Printer, ProDOS, DOS 3.3, an external disk drive, manuals, and boxes.  What's a reasonable price?

Thanks in advance!

The eBay price for a bundle like that would probably be in the ballpark of $300-$400 if everything is cosmetically decent and known working. Being an A2S4000 it's *probably* the technically least desirable "ROM 255" version, they're the most common, but it doesn't make much difference.

Bought one a couple of months ago for 200 €, same specs you are describing yours (didn't get boxes with it, but sold with an Apple Joystick) mine was probably cheap, so an average price of 300 $ is correct.

Edited by bibilit

One thing to consider if you were factoring the printer into your value equation: the Scribe is essentially a doorstop. (It was based on a very cheap thermal transfer mechanism that used very expensive single use ribbons that you'll no doubt have a very difficult time finding.) The price would be slightly easier to swallow if it included an Imagewriter. But that's just my thoughts.