Sign in to follow this  
Johnnya101

is this card anything special?

Have one installed in each of my IIsis. I've seen these mentioned sometimes, but can't seem to find out if they are worth anything or desirable. Can't find any on eBay to compare.

Can anyone tell me what this is and what the going rate is for one? Don't need two of them...

Lo0zzEr.jpg

Looks like a card that allows for an FPU and then acts as a horizontal riser, if I had to guess.

Nope, not NuBus, that adapter has only one shorter 96-pin slot, its FPU is surface mounted and it has three other big ICs on it. This one is for installing two 120-pin PDS Cards as opposed to Apple's PDS adapter kit which had only one slot. Once cards like NICs and Video Cards started showing up for the IIsi, TwinSlot type cards like this went out of vogue. Saw one on eBay for something like $20 or so a while back.

Edited by Trash80toHP_Mini

Are there any hints as to a manufacturer or model? It's not the Apple IIsi NuBus adapter because those have the FPU and NuBus controller on the card with just the one NuBus slot where this has only an FPU slot but has two staggered connectors. It could be a DayStar PDS adapter that allows for both a processor upgrade card and a PDS card in one slot, or possibly a SuperMac IIsi video card adapter that allows for two cards to fill the one external slot. If there are no markings I doubt you'll figure out exactly what it is. Check eBay's completed listings for values; without the companion expansion cards I really doubt it's worth much.

It's not a PowerCache adapter type card, the straight thru traces are a dead giveaway. The accelerator adapters all have at least one GAL on board for signal conversion and the traces look like jagged spaghetti going all over the place from mobo PDS to IIci Cache Slot (backwards no less) and back around again to head out the standard RA PDS Passthru for the IIsi.

Looks like a dual PDS riser card for IIsi. Supermac made one as well, I believe it may have been bundled with their video cards. Best guess is another video card manufacturer made yours (rasterops?). Here's pics of mine.

In the past I've seen the Supermac dual PDS card go for $20ish, probably same one Trash80 saw.

EtjLzNAyTCzDhDFZr0wr_full_IMG_7006.jpg

Gy6sSek8SKqg9mvdFtci_full_IMG_7014.jpg

It allows a PDS video card in the top slot and a PDS Ethernet card in the middle.

Look towards the bottom of my thread for more info:

Edited by 360alaska