• Recently I managed to track down a nice looking SE/30, all cleaned up, with the board recapped by the seller, and with a new 30GB SCSI drive. The seller showed some photos of machine up and running, so I didn't expect it would end like this.   Unfortunately, when it was delivered, instead of a working SE/30, I was greeted by a chime of death and this pattern:     Tried to reseat the RAM and ROM, remove the battery and RAM altogether, even booting with bare minimum on board, and nothing works, the same pattern and chime of death still prevails. I glanced over Dead Mac Scrolls, but couldn't find that exact pattern. Currently, having no other idea (as I said before, the board was recapped with tantalum capacitors already, so I don't think that's the case), I just left it to soak in vinegar for 2 hours, as there might be some corrosion I haven't spotted. Anybody had a similar problem and have any idea what could I do next?
    • Is the little chunk missing out of the top side normal?  I hate pulling the power supplies, so I really don't want to yank it out of the other so I can see the CPU.
    • I paid literally 1 USD for my untested (working) 15 inch 1.5 GHz AlPB.  It's not even really dinged up.
    • Thank you.  I had a talent for swapping out hard drives, so now it is my job to try to fix all of the computers when things go wrong.  As you can tell, I don't really know as much as I need to know to do this.  This IIci is acting a little odd.  I have a different one that is all clean and shiny that may get swapped out, but now I know something now that I didn't know before.  
    • MacEffects makes the feet. I bough some from him..they are incredible.