Sign in to follow this  
Blake

Does anybody know what this memory card might be worth?

Recently when i opend my macintosh classic i noticed a expansion card. I tryed to find some info about it but olny found a model that didnt have gold tracks. Do these tracks mean its a higer model? I also have no idea how much memory are on these things so that would help if you told me too.

-thanks!

20181128_174858.jpg

20181128_174845.jpg

20181128_174908.jpg

Edited by Blake

A picture would be welcome...

Apple weren't the only ones manufacturing RAM cards for the Classic. Gold traces aren't particularly desirable. If it's got a single row of chips and two SIMM slots it's probably just a standard RAM card. Of course I'm not saying it cannot be special (custom ROM perhaps? Although I've never seen anything like that before), so a pic would definitely help identify your card.

Edit: I replied too soon, the pics weren't in yet.

It's a standard RAM card.

Edited by BadGoldEagle

11 minutes ago, Blake said:

Recently when i opend my macintosh classic i noticed a expansion card. I tryed to find some info about it but olny found a model that didnt have gold tracks. Do these tracks mean its a higer model?

No, the gold tracks mean you have a little Leprechaun living in your Mac.

Your Mac Classic has 1 MB soldered on its logic board. That expansion board in turn has another 1 MB soldered on it. The two SIMMs are presumably 1 MB each, so your Classic has 4 MB total RAM.

Edited by Dog Cow

Well ok thank you if i cant fix my mac classic then ill just sell the memory card for 45$ and get my money back on the computer after all i olny paid 30$ for the computer plus an imagewriter ii  and paid 20$ shipping (amazeingly) so it olny came up to 50$. If i cant fix the computer ill give you guys parts for cheep seince they seem to be in good condtion. I also plan on keeping the case to make a macquarium they seem really cool to me.

Edited by Blake