Sign in to follow this  
Von

IIsi Power Supply...recap or ATX?

Hi All,

Over the holiday weekend I was able to pull out my IIsi motherboard and of my SE/30s to be recapped.  Both need their power supplies addressed.

The IIsi is pretty maxed out in terms of what I run it it so I am interested to see if an ATX has been hacked into the IIsi.  I have seen ATX going in SE/30 PSUs however they are slightly larger.

Anyone done ATX with a IIsi?  

THx!!

~Von

You'll definitely want to put a FlexATX PSU in that power hungry beast of yours. A 300W unit is headed into my IIsi/Rocket's can. I haven't done more than fitment evaluation and it snuggles in there nicely.  I'll be using the original @$$bits as they'll plug nicely into an adapter PCB.

I've got a hacked Q700 PSU sitting atop the FDD housing for bench testing so I've had no need to take it further.

You have my attention. When you get around to doing the install, I'd love to see your specific PSU used and your install steps.

That'll be a while, but I can see if I can throw some preliminary pics up for you. The SuperIIsi thread is long gone, so I'm rebuilding that info. Much is on paper, but I fear much was lost when the Beige G3 ate my ailing QS' HDD. :blink: