luckybob

Luckybob's scores

Because it seems like people make a single thread for all their stuff they get...  When in Rome...

While not a macintosh, still relevant to the community;

6OoJPeRm.jpg 9xx7jvfm.jpg rdRrmbIm.jpg VWdOb1Nm.jpg

Got it off craigslist, had to drive 125 miles each way to get it from an old man on a farm.  He had it setup and it had these blue bands on his tv.  When I got it home they had all but disappeared (still very slightly there).  So I'm thinking there is a cap or two in the video section that might need to be replaced.  Also, every 10 seconds or so, the screen will turn off for 1/2 a second and resume.  Is it my monitor?  Possibly, but I doubt it.  I feel $75 was a good price.  

Is there anything I can do on this machine that my IIe's can't?  I'm somewhat limited on space, so if I can't find a specific use, I might just clean it up and resell.  

Picked these up for $20 total:

YhZBaHcm.jpg bAjkPeCm.jpg

The SE boots but has some sort of disk doubler installed that has a bit of corruption.  Hell, a working hard disk is 9/10'ths of the battle!

The classic needs a recap.  (vertical lines)  However the little 9-pin port in the back revealed an impressive upgrade:

8Okznhfm.jpg Rxk00Zmm.jpg

A 25mhz cpu upgrade and what I found out to be support for an additional monitor!  SWEET!  The damn messenger bag was worth the $20 I paid for everything.  

The upgrade was made by mobius, the monitor was naturally, not included.  Is it a standard connection?  Can I use a monochrome monitor from IBM?

Very cool. Old Compact Macs are like loot boxes, you never know what you'll get. :)

How many watts is that little power supply?

50 minutes ago, luckybob said:

1.1A @5v & .2a @12v

Thanks! I'm looking for a PS to run a Novy '030 upgrade card I have and I was curious about what they used back then.

Any chance we can get pictures of the solder sides and closeups of that Video Card? I'd love to see how they nest on he mobo.

Looks like there may be connectors on the board that are specific to Portrait and Landscape orientations?

edit: or TTL/Analog?

Edited by Trash80toHP_Mini

16 hours ago, luckybob said:

Picked these up for $20 total:

YhZBaHcm.jpg bAjkPeCm.jpg

The SE boots but has some sort of disk doubler installed that has a bit of corruption.  Hell, a working hard disk is 9/10'ths of the battle!

The classic needs a recap.  (vertical lines)  However the little 9-pin port in the back revealed an impressive upgrade:

8Okznhfm.jpg Rxk00Zmm.jpg

A 25mhz cpu upgrade and what I found out to be support for an additional monitor!  SWEET!  The damn messenger bag was worth the $20 I paid for everything.  

The upgrade was made by mobius, the monitor was naturally, not included.  Is it a standard connection?  Can I use a monochrome monitor from IBM?

Damn! That was an absolute steal! Great find!

On 4/24/2018 at 4:59 PM, Trash80toHP_Mini said:

Any chance we can get pictures of the solder sides and closeups of that Video Card? I'd love to see how they nest on he mobo.

Looks like there may be connectors on the board that are specific to Portrait and Landscape orientations?

edit: or TTL/Analog?

it basically clamps over the top of the logic board.  The video section seems relegated to the top board, and the 68030 part to the underside.

DBYaO1Km.jpg ZligNN0m.jpg aVKz9mbm.jpg zN0iI8Um.jpg FfjhRUwm.jpg

my guess is the 2nd port is for the 2nd monitor.  As for ttl or analog, I have no clue but I'm not finding a DAC onboard so I'm leaning TTL.  

Anyway, I have new logic board caps on order from mouser.  Once they get here, I will see if she works properly.