steve

Which Daystar Card is this?

Hello,

I found your forum while trying to research a Daystar Card I have

I believe it is a 68040 Daystar card in a PDS adaptor card but would like to confirm and get more info.

It was pulled from a IIsi.

I understand that some of these are more rare than others, so wonder what particular model I have.

I have seen a few of these up on ebay.

If a particular photo angle would be more helpful please let me know.

I also have 4 4 MB SIMMs pulled from the same IIsi

Finally along with a bunch of software installer disks I also have 2 Daystar floppy disks:

1) Front label- DAYSTAR FILES. 

Back:  P.D. REL 2 Copyright 1983-1995 51-00576

2) Front label - QUAD CONTROL.

Back: REL 9 Copyright 1991-94 51-00033 A

I would also like to know if the cards are soldered to each other or can be easily separated. If so how?

Thanks very much

Steve

IMG_0171.JPG

IMG_0172.JPG

IMG_0173.JPG

IMG_0174.JPG

IMG_0175.JPG

Looks like a 'Turbo 040' card with the IIsi adapter card. Been looking for one of those 040 cards for my IIci.

The 040 card is plugged in to the Cache slot on the adapter. Can be pulled out of the slot.

Edited by rickrob
typo

Lovin' your IIsi adapter. I'm wondering if it's the functional equivalent of the one joethezombie reverse engineered or slightly different. They made so many different iterations for the IIsi. I think this is the first I've seen with two sets of pads for the smaller GAL package. I'm soooo curious!

Is there a copyright date on PCB a/o GAL sticker?

Thanx for the info. 

Not sure where to look for a copyright date on PCB a/o GAL sticker or how to recognize it.  

Can it be seen in the photos I had posted? 

Thx

That makes sense, we know the accelerator's of that vintage. But what I'm curious about is the year the adapter was made and if the GAL in the rear position is for 68040 and the front pads might be for 68030 variants of the accelerator. Copyright notice on the GAL's sticker would be the best indication. Year of manufacture would be second best, that's the only active component on the adapter.

It's curious that there appears no date on the PCB?

53 minutes ago, Trash80toHP_Mini said:

That makes sense, we know the accelerator's of that vintage. But what I'm curious about is the year the adapter was made and if the GAL in the rear position is for 68040 and the front pads might be for 68030 variants of the accelerator. Copyright notice on the GAL's sticker would be the best indication. Year of manufacture would be second best, that's the only active component on the adapter.

It's curious that there appears no date on the PCB?

Got it-- I thought you might have been just looking for a date of manufacture.  On another note, I think there were some versions of the Turbo 040's with a small daughter card on the back. My guess is those were the earlier versions, or maybe the SE/30 version??